Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HENRY 4K2 (Need repair person)  (Read 481 times)
K6CKD

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2006, 03:53:26 PM »

I have a Henry 4K2 that blows a breaker when we go into the SSB mode and will not properly resonate in the Tune mode.  I have paid to have it fixed twice only to bring it home and not have it work. Henry Radio says that it is too vintage and they choose not to work on it. (Dennis)  It uses the 5CX1500A final.  I even have a spare final since one person said to get a new tube.  That didn't change anything.  I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA THAT CAN REPAIR THIS THING.  I HAVE NO PROBLEM PAYING A FAIR PRICE.  I WILL PICK UP AND DELIVER.  CAN ANYONE HELP ME or GET ME INCONTACT WITH A KNOWLEDGEABLE REPAIR PERSON?  MUCH THANKS  BOB K6CKD  I have the schematics and original manual.  Plese do not offer advice on how to repair it...been there , tried that too many times.  (thanks)
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 10:14:06 AM »

Did you talk to Radio Dan?
http://www.radiodan.com/

w9gb
K6CKD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 04:00:49 PM »

At the same time you suggested Radio Dan....I was thinking Radio Dan.  I emailed him....they said they do not do any consumer radio repairs.....they said that they thought Henry wouldn't do it either.  WELL,  THEY ARE RIGHT.  IF THERE IS A KNOWLEDGABLE PRIVATE PARTY THAT WANTS TO TACKLE IT....I'M  NOT CHOOSY.
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 09:57:29 AM »

I checked and Henery still repairs their amps. They don't manafacture them anymore but they repair them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: