Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larsen NMO2/70B Question  (Read 1180 times)
N8DXB

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2010, 09:29:55 AM »

I am looking at getting this dual-band antenna for my truck, But I only have 35-1/2" of clerance in my garage. I have called many stores even larsen and I can not get two answers the same. I am hearing everything from 33-1/2" to 37".
If anyone here has this black antenna with the open air coil, could you get me a total measuremant from root to tip? Thank You
N8EKT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »

It's well under 35 inches

I believe mine measured about 32 after matched
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 01:39:08 PM »

I am looking at getting this dual-band antenna for my truck, But I only have 35-1/2" of clerance in my garage. I have called many stores even larsen and I can not get two answers the same. I am hearing everything from 33-1/2" to 37".
If anyone here has this black antenna with the open air coil, could you get me a total measuremant from root to tip? Thank You

It doesn't matter; the antenna is flexible and bends. You aren't going to break it. Mine is close to 20 years old and is on its fourth vehicle.  It's been through airport parking garages where the antenna was bent almost 90 degrees at the open coil with no damage.

As for matching, there's really nothing to adjust. Mine has never been over 1.8:1 on either band, out of the box and on any of the four installations.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 01:43:08 PM by Lon Kinley » Logged

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: