Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 meter QRP antenna suggestion  (Read 3898 times)
N7ZAL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 12:41:05 PM »

Well, thanks again and that is why I posted here....to get some creative input Wink I will try the hustler ( have 3 antennas now) on 6 and see how it works. Have to come up with a way to adjust the SWR, and hopefully it will be an added length because I sure won't cut it. I'm only interested in the lower end of 6 anyway. Did not know Hustler advertises the 6 meter option, but obviously makes total sense.

Later, Bill N7ZAL (ex. WA2DPB, WB3BOC, N2FWS)
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 02:34:48 PM »

You probably won't have to worry about SWR. The ground losses on 6 meters, if you mount the antenna correctly, will be about 2 or 3 ohms. Added to the 1/4 wave's input impedance, that's an SWR of about 1.4:1 which is close enough.

N7ZAL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 06:18:43 PM »

Well, after a lot of research I decided on the Par Omni Angle, however they have shut down production to fulfill government contracts  Angry So I ordered the M2 HO Loop from AES. I will still check out the Hustler with the 3 antenna coils removed, just as a test. So, I appreciate all the help given here and I think it got me to make a better decision than I would otherwise have done.

Later, Bill N7ZAL (ex. WA2DPB, WB3BOC, N2FWS)
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: