Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RS 20-047 USB/CI-V converter  (Read 1006 times)
AA9ZI

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2007, 11:20:31 AM »

I just bought this converter from Radio Shack this morning and I couldn't get it to install according to the instruction that came with the product.

I placed the CD-ROM that came with the converter in the CD tray. And then connected the converter to one of the free USB ports available.  The computer sensed the new device. Then, I directed the computer to search for the driver found in the CD-ROM (in my case...the "D" drive) under the "Driver" folder. It found an "INF" driver and in no time tried to execute a file named  "ftdiunin.exe". After 10 seconds or so, a pop-up window came up with the following message, "Set-up cannot copy the file ftdiunin.exe."  Sad  I tried this 5 times with no success...and I am not ready to give up yet. Smiley

I am using a P3 laptop powered by Windows XP SP2. I intend to use the converter to control my rig IC-706, if I could make it work.

Any help or suggestions how to resolve this problem is appreciated.

Jun, AA9ZI
AA9ZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 03:39:16 PM »

Eureka!!! The solution was in the FTDI website after all.  I downloaded the latest driver for Windows XP OS and the installation instruction sheet. YES, the instruction sheet! Forget about the instruction material found in the CD-ROM that came with the product.

I just followed the "new" instruction and walahhhh...the converter came alive with flashing green (RXD) and red (TXD) LED lights!!! Good sign, yahh?

With the new COM port info on hand (from Device Manager panel), I plugged that in the MixW and PC-ALE. Both software are now able to control (mode, frequency and scan feature) my rig IC-706.

Jun, AA9ZI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: