Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USB RFI, PCMCIA serial card?  (Read 506 times)
AH2DR

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2007, 09:04:09 PM »

I currently use USB to serial converters for rig control (FT-817) and for my TNC (Kam XL) via my laptop, Sony VGN-TXN15P.  Only problem being the RFI generated by the USB converters (I guess this is an issue with USB equipment).  I have seen PCMCIA to serial adaptors on E-Pay and other computer sites and I wonder if this might be the fix to my problem.  Anyone here use a PCMCIA serial port adaptor?  Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,

Garry (AH2DR)
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 11:27:57 AM »

<< Only problem being the RFI generated by the USB converters (I guess this is an issue with USB equipment)>>

It must be your computer, because I use rig control and other stuff on three difference machines (all with USB connections) with no interference problems in either direction.

Make sure you don't have a ground loop problem.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
AH2DR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 12:28:42 PM »

Thank you Lon, I will check into that possibility.  I don't feel like buying more equipoment and like the flexibility the usb stuff gives me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: