Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: yo momma ham radio style  (Read 1954 times)
WX7G

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2010, 03:24:30 PM »

That's enough of the animimated ham cartoon experiment. Ham radio has always had humor; Jeeves in QST followed by another cartoon. 73 magazine had cartoons and CQ magazine had the Itchy and Scratchy monthly story. Maybe eham could use a cartoon or humor section.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:27:28 AM by DAVE CUTHBERT » Logged
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 04:01:32 AM »

If you look I am sure that you can find a better example to represent American culture than this. The rounded tone of Carl Sagan and the assuring voice of Walter Cronkite spring to mind.

Tanakasan
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:20:11 AM »

As a followup to my previous post try the following link for starters, which is safe for work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnFMrNdj1yY

Given that the picture was sent using a QRP transmitter over a VERY long distance there is a radio connection.

Tanakasan
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:48:19 AM by Peter Gant » Logged
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 08:13:24 AM »

TAN, my friend says he can make a cartoon featuring you. What would you like the person to look like and what accent should he use?
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 09:05:58 AM »

I have been told that I look like an elder David Duchovny due to my gray hair. As for my accent, any Jewish actor could probably do a fair impression and for starters I suggest you give Judd Hirsch a call if you have his number.

Here's what bothered me about your original post. We have in the Internet possibly the greatest thing since Caxton invented the printing press. No other invention has touched so many souls because through it we can display everything from the glory of DaVinci to the brutality of Pol Pot. We can be amazed by pictures sent across a solar system, heartened by a message from a loved one or be saddened by news of yet another tragedy. There are many who do not have access to the Internet, a billion people sit behind the Great Firewall of China and the people of North Korea have no access at all. What then must Kim Jong-il and Hu Jintao think as they see the West use such a precious resource to send 'yo momma ham radio style' around the world? I suspect that their reaction would be laughter, their plan to drive us slowly downwards is going quite well.

Tanakasan
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 04:40:24 PM »

TAN, you are too serious. I prescribe a beer or two and an hour watching the comedy channel.
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 08:06:55 PM »

Nah. 

For the big laffs, Kim Jong reads eham forums. 
KU5Q

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »

That's enough of the animimated ham cartoon experiment. Ham radio has always had humor; Jeeves in QST followed by another cartoon. 73 magazine had cartoons and CQ magazine had the Itchy and Scratchy monthly story. Maybe eham could use a cartoon or humor section.

Is Obama yo momma....?
N6PJB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »

Who cares what ding dong-il thinks of a cartoon. Blank 'em if they can't take a joke. Jo Mamma!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: