Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelves  (Read 5096 times)
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 07:11:51 AM »

I just got done building a new riser for my desk.  I started with a 4X8 sheet of 3/4" AC sanded birch plywood.  I had the big box place rip the sheet lengthwise into 14" wide strips.  This was the overall depth of the riser.  Then using a layout I had made as a guide, I only had to cut the 8' strips into the sections in needed.  Everything was glued and screwed together, and finished off with edge banding to hide the laminations, painted charcoal grey, it looks pretty good for a non-woodworker.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 03:10:19 PM »

I got a used interior door at a yard sale, 18 inches by 60 inches, 1 1/2 inches thick.  Two sets of legs about 15 inches from the ends and a center leg in the back of the door/shelf support it from the desk I use for a station/worktable.  It holds an 18 inch CRT monitor, a Yaesu 101FD, two scanners and ancillary equipment, with two smaller radios mounted underneath it.

Its been in the shack for over four years now without any problems--and I occasionally have other things put on the shelf too.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: