Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alinco out of business?  (Read 9400 times)
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 04:54:44 PM »

I just noticed today that AES is getting re-stocked with the DR-635T. They had been out of stock for a while.

http://www.aesham.com/multi-band/alinco-dr-635t/
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 06:44:31 PM »

SWL2002, All you're doing is spreading misinformation.  GRE stated it has temporarily ceased production.  It didn't say 'We're not in business any longer.'  AAMOF, it says that they will continue to support their products.

K1CJS, just watch and see if GRE ever comes back.  Then we will see who is spreading misinformation.

Tell you what, 'Bob,' put your identity where your mouth is.  All there is here is an unidentified person (YOU) putting out what appears to be rumors.  There are many people who have gotten the same info--that GRE is in a 'transition' stage--NOT out of business, and those people have their IDs out in the open.
NW4G

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 08:06:59 PM »

We received word today that Alinco is back up and running and product began shipping today, distribution is being handled by Remtronix Inc http://www.remtronix.com/ -- I don't yet have information on how warranty and repair will be handled but as soon as I do I'll post it.

We received word of several price reductions as well as announcement of the launch of the HF SDR DX-SR9T. Let's all remember that Alinco is an excellent company and brand and we are very lucky to have distribution in the US.

George Howard - NW4G
www.gigaparts.com

SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 04:49:44 AM »

SWL2002, All you're doing is spreading misinformation.  GRE stated it has temporarily ceased production.  It didn't say 'We're not in business any longer.'  AAMOF, it says that they will continue to support their products.

K1CJS, just watch and see if GRE ever comes back.  Then we will see who is spreading misinformation.

Tell you what, 'Bob,' put your identity where your mouth is.  All there is here is an unidentified person (YOU) putting out what appears to be rumors.  There are many people who have gotten the same info--that GRE is in a 'transition' stage--NOT out of business, and those people have their IDs out in the open.

Tell you what "K1CJS", I'll post my identity if you post your SSN here so we can verify your identity.

Thinking that GRE is going to come back is living in la la land.  GRE is gone.  Mark my words.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 05:27:18 AM »

Figured you were one of those.  Have fun playing by yourself--and it's still just rumors.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 05:53:43 AM »

This thread topic reminds me almost word-for-word of equally stupid ones in the past.....just substitute "Kenwood" for "Alinco" and you'd have the exact same deal.  Yeah, let's post worthless rumors and conjecture on a worldwide forum, so that we can really damage a legitimate manufacturer....the only one who's also producing ham gear for the 33 cm band, BTW.

If you want rumors....look for SDR products from Alinco in the future.  Their reps at Dayton were very excited about the direction they're taking.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 06:37:39 AM »

I have several alinco mono/duel fm rig's 2/440 mtr..all bought new and become 'junk/unoperational' nearly from  arrival onset.
...ps- i save 'em on my shelve for Proof of my statements. yuk.
Why didn't you return them to the dealer or to Alinco's warranty center for repair?

HFS.....there you go again with logic and common sense.  Something tells me that EB's gear had some help becoming 'junk/operational'.

AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 07:10:58 AM »

We received word today that Alinco is back up and running and product began shipping today ... We received word of several price reductions as well as announcement of the launch of the HF SDR DX-SR9T.

George, that's great news! It would be a shame to lose a company like Alinco from the ham world.

I've got one of those little 2m HTs from Alinco, swivel antenna, 340mw, three AA cells ... must be 15 years old now, still works perfectly despite being left out in a rainstorm once.  I keep it on hand because in a big power outage, having equipment that runs on AA cells is VERY convenient.  DJ-S11T, I think?  Great little radio and it was a bargain at the price, too.

Thanks for the good news about Alinco!   --ken ac4rd
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 09:06:49 AM »

Dittos....what Ken wrote above.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: