Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Outlet - Portland, OR  (Read 5704 times)
K6RQR

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2013, 05:43:54 PM »

Hello All -
 Just wanted to relate my experience with HRO in Portland. I recently ordered a Samlex 30 amp switching supply from them but only after being assured by the salesman that it did not create any appreciable "hash", etc. I received the PS the next day by UPS and proceeded to hook it up and use my rig. The results on 40 and above seemed normal but the 75 meter band was not good. Several images or whatever, one that occurred every 32 kHz. Several of the harmonics were right next to frequencies that I normally use. It looked like 75 would be seriously impaired by this supply.
 I called HRO the next day and told them of this situation and the fact that I had purchased it after being told that the output would be clean. I was reluctant to pay a 15% restocking fee plus the shipping back to them. The salesman I talked with went away for a minute and then came back and said that they would replace the Samlex with an Astron linear supply that I had mentioned of similar value and issue a credit for the remainder. They shipped the replacement supply that afternoon and I received it the next day. 75 meters is now clear. In addition to the new supply they sent along a return mailing label and I was able to give the Samlex back to the delivery person who brought the replacement.
 I want to commend HRO-Portland for excellent service and I will continue to order radio equipment from them in the future. Recommended!
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 04:57:21 PM »

HRO Portland has always been good to me.  They are friendly and will shoot the breeze with you, even if you are just stopping to browse.

Pat is super friendly in particular.  He's helped my out almost every time I've been in there, and wants me to take my KX3 in for a head to head with their TS-990 just for fun.  I'm a bit reluctant to do this until my CW is a bit less embarrassing!
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 03:11:05 PM »

I have only been to the store in person one time in 2005 to grab some small things that we just can not get over here (that's like everything) and all the staff were fantastic. I stayed for around 2 hours talking and checking out the new rigs and other goodies. The way they treated me and answerd my questions led me to buy a new rig from them last year they packed it up and shipped it out via USPS Express mail and I had it in 2 days. Even though they were not the lowest price for the radio they were willing to ship USPS. I will make all my major new buys from them only. Great Store and most of all Great people.

Roland AH6RR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: