Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lantronix UDS200 serial server problem  (Read 3080 times)
K0IZ

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2010, 05:48:29 AM »

I have a newly purchased (but used, tested) Lantronix UDS200 dual port serial server. I intend to use in same way as N8LP for connecting his LP-Remote to internet.  I connected the UDS200 via ethernet cable to my LAN (Linksys 54 type hub/router).  Loaded Lantronix DeviceInstaller and CPR onto my PC.  However can't find UDS200 on the network.

UDS200 powers up ok (green light).  Does Diagostic for couple of seconds (red light), then out.  Green 100mb link, green station Channels 1 and 2.  So looks fine.

When I do a device search in DeviceINstaller or CPR, nothing found.  The green 100mb led blinks twice, then 1/4 second later, twice again (during the search), then solid green again.  So it appears LAN is communicating something with UDS200.

In DeviceInstaller I also selected "Assign IP" and entered the hardware address of the UDS200 (on label of unit).  Software says no device at that address. 

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 08:29:15 AM by John Raydo » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: