Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ge47 replacement led's ???  (Read 1722 times)
K0XY

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:06:35 AM »

...I have many old receivers that have the ge47 6.3v .15a T3 1/4 bayonet bulb...is there an LED plug and play replacement solution for the ge 47's, or any solution for that matter Huh?? ...thanx K0XY
WD8AJY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 06:03:26 AM »

I found some on ebay about a year ago searching for collins equipment. I tried them but didn't like the look in my KWM-2 so i went back to the number 47 bulbs. Angry
KG6YV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:04:32 AM »

I don't know about plug-n-play but I replace incandescents with LEDs allthe time.  I get bright LEDs from All-Electronics in LA add a dropping resistor and thats all you need.  Of course you have to wire the LED with the correct polarity. 

here is a page to calculate the correct dropping resistor if you decide to try it yourself.

Greg
KG6YV

http://metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mods/ledcalc/index_eng

N9WW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 04:39:21 AM »

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Jim N9WW
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »

Most if not all of the older tubed rigs likely run on AC filament voltages. 

LEDs can be operated on an alternating current voltage, but they will only light with positive voltage, causing the LED to turn on and off at the frequency of the AC supply.

Most LEDs have low reverse breakdown voltage ratings, so they will also be damaged by an applied reverse voltage above this threshold. The cause of damage is overcurrent resulting from the diode breakdown, not the voltage itself. LEDs driven directly from an AC supply of more than the reverse breakdown voltage may be protected by placing a diode (or another LED) in inverse parallel.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: