Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BROWSER PROBLEM  (Read 470 times)
KP2BH

Ignore
« on: March 29, 2008, 04:24:25 AM »

Have the following problem:i usally use fire fox as my browser and the operating system is xp sudenly my browser cant open any webpages saying the is no internet connection,the funny thing is that if i open messanger its connect and work ok but i can not check the messages.i also use the internet explorer browser and is doing the same as the firefox. the link sys is working ok because the other computers connect to it are operating ok.i change the ethernet card on the computer that have the problem but is doing the same.i never encounter a problem like this do any one have an idea?
thanks kp2bh
jimmy
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »

hi jimmy,

is this a wireless connection ?

have you made any changes recently ?

double check the ip settings,
this could be why you can't get a connection.
messenger logs you in on your pc local before it
checks your messages.

73 james

KA1MDA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 10:36:55 PM »

Do you have any anti-virus software on the computer? A firewall? A proxy server? Any anti-cookie or pop-up blocking software? Any of these could cause such a problem. Many anti-virus programs have a lock-down mode that blocks all internet access - and will cause a symptom like you are experiencing. I would check those first.

73, de Tom, KA1MDA
www.ka1mda.org
RADIONEWB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:03:18 PM »

It could be any number of things as the fella above mentioned, are you able to have messenger conversations??

If not, start with the basics, check you cables, if your computer is connected to the router/hub directly, also try a different port on the router if the cables are connected properly, and you don't get a connection.

If is wireless, you got more issues to deal with, and you need to post more information Smiley

If the cables and your hub/router seem to be working, then go into the software, and check out the Virus programs and such, see if they are interfering with you connection.

If that doesn't work, and your Virus/Spyware App is working properly, then try looking at your network settings, try simply "Repair"ing your network connection in "Network Connections" - threw Control Panel.

If that doesn't work, post more information again Smiley GL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: