Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: echolink to rig help  (Read 538 times)
WR1U

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2008, 10:52:40 AM »

I have a 2 meter yaesu ft-2500m with a bum mic which i'd like to use for echolink.  I have the software but what do i need to use the yaesu with echolink?  I'd like to use echolink with an ht around the house.  How do I go about hooking everything up?  I haven't found any real good answers by doing searches.  Thanks and 73 from Gary/WR1U.
KG9NZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:41:40 AM »

I have successfully run Echolink in sysop mode using a Rigblaster NoMic (which I normally use with my HF rig for PSK).  You will need to configure the Rigblaster for your particular HT.  Here is a link to the microphone connection setup:
http://www.westmountainradio.com/supportno.htm
Of course, you could build your own equivalent circuit if you wish.

You will need a serial port on your computer for controlling transmit keying.  If you have a newer computer without a serial port, you can use a USB to serial converter (available cheap on E-Bay).  The Rigblaster has the built in serial port circuit for keying.  Or you can build one yourself - as I recall it just takes a few diodes and resistors.

Hope this helps.

Frank KG9NZ
WR1U

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »

Thankyou very much yes that helps.  I going to use a 2m mobile whose mic is going bad so that will work great.  73
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: