Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Comport Connection, New PC with USB  (Read 645 times)
NE5C

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2010, 02:42:23 AM »

I purchased a new PC for the shack, Windows 7, and I use Ham Radio Deluxe software to operate my Yaesu FT2000. Which now works fine using a RS232 (DB9) connector at radio to USB at PC.
Now...I would like to also connect my West Mountain Rig Runner Pro into the PC also. OK? another RS232-DB9 to USB cable inserted to the PC USB input?

My question is whether the PC will just recognize the new connection by sharing the port, or do I have to create some virtual port for this to work? Any of you fellow Hams using Ham Radio Deluxe and a Rig Runner with Windows 7, already mastered this?

Thank you and God Bless you
Jerry N5JFJ
NE5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 03:16:54 AM »

Correction...I should have said "Rig Blaster Pro" Duuuuhhhh!
KC2UGV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 06:42:30 AM »

It wont share a port.  It will create/allocate to an unused COM port.  In Windows, most likely COM3 or above, in linux, it will show as /dev/ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1, etc.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »

You'll have to load another Virtual Com Port driver for the added USB-Serial adapter.

There are USB-Serial adapters that have one USB connection and multiple RS-232 connections. It saves multiple USB connections to your computer, but you still have to load a Virtual driver for each RS-232 port in order to give them their own COMx number.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: