Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorola Programming software  (Read 18295 times)
9K2AI

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2008, 04:16:27 PM »

Hi all I would to know where can I found Full " Motorola Programming software " on CD or website for all radios ?  I already have the cables.

if there is other brands ( Alinco, Kenwood, Icom & Yaesu ) will be good 2.
Thanx

Ahmad
KC7ZRU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »

Motorola software is copyrighted and Mother 'M' holds pretty tight controls to their software. To the point of limiting it's distribution. It's how they support their dealer network. The dealers that make their living by using this software (amongst other methods).

You'll either need to buy a copy of what you want from Mother 'M', or pay a dealer to do things for you.

It's enough of an issue that even the infamous 'Bat Labs dot com' web site has some language on the issue.
RADIONEWB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 06:37:32 PM »

You might want to try looking at alternative sources, IE: Utorrent, or other internet downloading programs, I have had good luck in the past with other motorola product software. But you will have to do some searching I'm sure. And that may not be legal in the country that you live. So keep that in mind.

WARNING : If you download something, scan it with virus protection before you try opening. Fake downloads are rampant out there.
RADIONEWB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 06:49:08 PM »

Side note/After-thought ...

I mentioned UTorrent, but I was talking about Torrent systems in general, torrents can be better to use, as often times they have comments you can read threw before you download it, they will indicate if it is a legit download at least.

Good Torrent website that I usually try to stick with is http://www.thepiratebay.org , check it out, you can search, or browse, they have top 100 and so on.

To download any torrents, go here and download this program. http://www.utorrent.com/ (UTorrent) It is very light weigh, and doesn't have any adware/spyware, or any of that jazz, I use it myself. Happy Downloading
9K2AI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 06:22:22 PM »

Thank you guys for your reply & 73's and hope to hear more Smiley
KE2BP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 04:03:36 PM »

I have a BPR-40 that I bought at a flea market for
5 bucks.It is also called a Mag One.

Was told it can easily go on 2m, even though its
frequency range is 150-174.

Would like to be able to set it on different 2m
freqs when I travel, and it is only for my
personal use.

Im not knowlegable about programming, nor is
this anything other than a personal 2m handheld
for me.

It seems crazy to pay 100bucks to have it programed
with a few channels I will need to change anyway
when I drive anywhere.

What is a torret and what can I do so at least
I can use the radio? Im a licensed ham and want
to use it for ham use.
W4SNP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 11:05:49 AM »

For those who happen upon this from a Google search here is my 2 cents worth:

Regarding any RSS or CPS software from Motorola they DO NOT stock software for any of the old radios such as MT600, MT1000, Maratrac, etc. This software was discontinued sometime around 2005. I jumped through all the hoops signing software agreements, setting up an Motorola On-Line (MOLN)account and was approved to buy. I was told this by the MOLN representative after waiting for 15 minutes while he consulted with their "technicians". His suggestion was to use either a Motorola Service Station (MSS) or one of the eBay progamming providers.

With all that said, lot of luck using a MSS they typically are buried in their repeat customers and charge a fortune.

I spoke with MOLN on 17 January 2012.

73, good luck
WS4E

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:47:05 AM »

I remember seeing all the motorola software available on one of the popular ham radio "MODS" sites like mods.dk or another one.  I would look there.
KB5ZSM

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 12:32:43 AM »

One important note using the software on older radios. I own an MT1000 myself and when I bought it used from a Motorola dealer, he told me that you must use an older (slower) computer. If you up-load to the radio at too fast a speed, you can destroy the main memory module rendering the radio useless and that it would be an expensive repair. This is why I have kept an old DOS based laptop kicking around. Plus the software is written in DOS also. You may have to go down to the local Pawn Shop to find a computer slow enough for the task.

Win (KB5ZSM)
N3DT

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 06:08:42 PM »

Nearly anything before the Astro will require the MSS (unobtanium) software on a DOS based system.  People have hacked into the system, but don't expect to do it simply
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: