Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KJ4TOF Ripped Me Off....  (Read 18540 times)
NI3B

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 02:53:07 PM »

This is why I like using Paypal.

Until I receive a payment online, I don't consider the item sold and I will still consider offers. This way I don't get the run around of  "oh, the check is in the mail". I never ship until I have the money.

Also, it's much harder for a scammer to get his money back. For a scammer to get their money back they have to file a complaint with Paypal and Paypal gives you a chance to respond.

Sorry, but this same exact situation happened to me last fall with an eBay auction that the buyer paid for the auction using PayPal.

I got the email saying that payment was received, I shipped the item and then sent the buyer the email and tracking info for the shipment. Then, I went to withdraw the funds from PayPal only to find that the purchaser canceled the transaction. Emails and phone calls to both eBay and Paypal resulted in squat. All I got were form letters of both eBay and Paypal policies.

The purchaser was a thief and both eBay and Paypal protected him

You think your safe using Paypal? Sorry, you're wrong.

I still have a Paypal account, but now I don't ship until I withdraw the funds and then verify that they are in my bank account. Sure, Paypal can attempt to collect $$$ from my account, but the account they have on file is a debit account with $1.00 balance and it will not pay out unless sufficient funds are available, so I can't be overdrawn.
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 09:28:21 PM »

Can't speak to Pay Pal, not a big fan, but this low life stole money off me and continues to post on QRZ like nothing ever happened.  You should see some of the off the wall stuff this thief PMd me..you would have no doubt this jerk has serious personality disorders....I feel for Lee Stone living with him..must suck to like with a criminal...

In any event, I have sent off all the info to the appropriate parties...perhaps they can exact justice...these low lifes need to be out of this hobby and behind bars paying restitution....

AG6WT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 10:44:12 PM »

Brian,

Thanks for the tip regarding Paypal, I'll start sweeping my account and read the terms of service more carefully. Did you ever get compensated or the item returned?

Ray KJ6AMF
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »

Still haven't seen that money "Billie"..ask your mom to cover it for you..sure she will appreciate the problems you are causing for your family there...

Man..sad..just too sad...

What an individual.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 01:34:12 PM »

What email provider is this guy using?
I would write to them and inform them of his
activities, they may shut down his account. They want
nothing to do with Internet fraud. (The place to write is
typically, for example Yahoo "abuse@yahoo.com").
If the Pensacola Police or IC# ever gave you a Case Number
or Complaint Reference number of any kind, be sure to include
this in your email to the service provider. With a case number
they will drop him like a hot rock.

Of course if he was using a free email service he can always
open up, or already has a zillion accounts, but hey,
it's worth it for the annoyance factor to him.

Sorry this had to happen to you.
Glad to hear that you aren't taking this lying
down, despite the relatively small amount of money.
(Hey, $85 can buy you a lot of groceries)
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 08:48:59 AM »

Why dont you drag this guy into small claims court? Im sure Judge Judy would love to tear his ass up on national television LOL
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 02:00:41 PM »

This guy is a pathetic loser, at 30 years old still living with Mom and Dad and rippping off people on the QRZ and likely other locations.  All for the tune of $xx dollars.  Man, that speaks volumes.

Would cost me more via Small Claims.  However, maybe his bank/my bank will work something out from the info I sent them and the CEO of NFCU Bank.  Sure they don't like him using their name on their documentation to swindle individuals.

Really sad individual along with others I have read over the years that swindle and steal off the swap boards.  I think though, one day, this too will get cleaned up.

Losers like that escalate their tricks and it catches up with them.  He has been laying low lately.  A friend didn't see him outside their house (think he told me it was up for sale) so who knows what tricks he will try next.

Just avoid and BEWARE.  All I can say.

And just to think he could have been a man and done the right thing.  Oh well...

KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 06:37:05 AM »

I had a "cashiers" check sent to me by this individual, Billy J. Stone, cashed it on 7/23 and now on 8/4, the funds are being pulled from my account because he cancelled the check after the fact (after the item was sent to him and rcvd). I am trying to follow up with my bank fraud division, and his as well along with USPS Mail Fraud.

I have sent him e-mails to reconcile this issue...will wait and see what this character does. Have all the e-mails, etc.

Beware for now....I am out $85 with this individual.

Im curious, you were paid with a "cashiers" check. How does he cancel a cashiers check that long after the fact and after you took the money, what account are they taking it from? Why arent you sueing him in small claims court? If what you are saying is all true, you have a good case for fraud in court. Where I live, it only costs $20 or so to file a small claims suit. Why do people come here to whine, instead of handling these problems in court? I would think this clown would much rather pay you the $85 than have to go there to appear in court.
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 08:51:14 AM »

Another reason I sent a letter to his Bank, their fraud division, security division and the CEO to investigate how someone "can cancel a cashier's check" the same week he supposedly mailed it (which he didn't).  He must have his mom or someone working there.

All in all, a very wierd arrangement with this loser.  Prior to me sending the item, the PM's thru QRZ was from a very inexperienced individual with amateur radio terms, equipment, etc.  Afterwards, a very vindictive and crooked individual, threats, constantly contradicting himself...

I will see what happens from the letters...as of late, he laying low on Eham and QRZ.  They shoudl ban him from doing business period.  I suspect we will see his call in the near future with more scams no doubt.
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 09:36:12 AM »

One thing I can state firmly...he has done nothing to resolve this issue and has sent in the past PM's that state I won't see the funds, and nonsense to the that extent...

So that speaks volumes of this losers character....

Just avoid him..period....
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 02:12:48 PM »

Updated info: 

I had a friend that works at a bank do some research on this issue for me and here are the facts. You decide for yourself (should be crystal clear):

1.  Scammer purchased a cashier's check from NFCU on 7/12.
2.  Per NFCU (confirmed today), Scammer KJ4TOF completed affidavit swearing he lost the cashier's check (all in the same time frame).
3.  Knowingly sent the bogus unfunded check in the mail so it would appear legit.
4.  Received article and Seller finds out 2 weeks later that this Scammer stole the item via Bank Fraud (by lying to the bank - Felony Offense), committed mail fraud, internet fraud and now has a criminal offense.
5.  Has done nothing to date to reconcile and even admitted in PM (QRZ E-mail) that he wouldn't be sending money.

So, he deliberately intended to commit fraud from the outset, committed fraud and to this date, still is hiding from the various amateur radio sites.

Recommendation:
1. Do not do any business with this loser, buying, selling or forums at all.  Distance yourself as you have no idea what me may pull you into.

2.  Watch for future scams which I am certain will apper after some time.

Complaints have been sent to NFCU, Pensacola Police deprt.  Whether they follow up is their business.  But AVOID this criminal.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 07:14:43 PM »

I'd go to small claims court and sue for the damages including court costs; which frankly still won't be very much, but it would make me feel good and the filing fee is very small (and fully recoverable if you win).  It's also fully recoverable if he doesn't show up, you win by default. Cheesy
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 08:20:20 PM »

Hi Steve

yes, that is the next step after the current action.  Since he is "out of state", too bad for him. I can tell you the amount that will sought will be a far cry more then the amount he stole.  It costs like $200 to file here.  So factor a 5X that amount for time, trouble, fees, etc. and they will put a lein on him and his parents. 

Pretty sad that someone is willing to screw with someone for such an amount....sad indeed..but then again, you have to consider the low class ethics and lack of honesty this individual has...or lacks...
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 10:13:27 AM »

It's also fully recoverable if he doesn't show up, you win by default

True, but recovering an out-of-state judgement isn't
as cut and dried as a local one, or so I've read. And you'd
have to to file (and serve) AGAIN to recover the costs of recovering
the first judgement.
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 10:23:30 AM »

I look at it this way....he must need that money really bad to steal such a ridiculous amount, then again, he may be just starting his criminal career...who knows.

He likes to hang out on QRZ because I think on QRZ they don't bann individuals that scam, as I see their posts frequently for items for sale and lo and behold, you see someone posting later how they got scammed.

Not sure about the small claims thing.  I did send off letters to the CEO of NFCU bank fraud division and funds dispersement dept which clearly show and reflect just how be committed bank fraud.  As a minimu, I requested of their CEO that their banking institution revisit the banks handling of cashier's checks and why a criminal such as this can easily obtain his funds back within less than 5 days when most real banks require a month's waiting to see if you are trying to commit fraud or indeed lost the copy in the mail somewhere.  Just seems way to easy of an open door for fraud.

Be interesting if the cops get back to me too along with the Florida Banking Commission that I contacted regarding same.

Could be NFCU will pony up as it really looks bad on them to have such a low life "customer" that openly commits banking fraud along with a host of other offenses, and yet, condones it and supports it with stupid policies that other banks have a better handle on.  Hard to say.  He hasn't e-mails, PM'd or contacted me since I cranked up the heat.  Yet, he keeps posting on QRZ as if nothing happened like so many of the other low lifes that have scammed and stolen gear from individuals.  They always seem to go into hiding for a bit and then re-appear.  I suspect you will see me stealing larger amounts as time goes on.  They get comfortable and start working on other victims.

In any event, regardless of outcome, I just hope no one falls victim to this jerk and low life and hope eventually, the Feds pull his license due to character issues (been known to happen before).  

Sad someone is so willing to do something so really stupid for the matter of a few bucks.  Reminds me of the ending to the movie Fargo....

From the archives of communications I have on this guy, he isn't mentally stable.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:41:15 AM by Chris Hays » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: