Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiberglass Push Up Pole  (Read 4409 times)
NR6K

Ignore
« on: August 13, 2010, 08:25:54 AM »

I am looking for a 20 foot plus fiberglass push up pole for my RV antenna system. Anyone had any experience with specific manufacturers?
N4JTE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:20:04 AM »

Google Spiderbeam.
Bob
AC7ZN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 09:27:55 AM »

I can recommend Max Gain systems  (there are reviews on this website).  Tell them your application and they will put the right pieces together for what you need.  The fiberglass tubes they use are sturdy.

Glenn AC7ZN
W0AAA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »

Check your local power company.  They use 30 foot plus extendos that are rock-solid.  They are usually tested yearly and if they fail the test, they are discarded.  I got mine that way.  WØAAA
KB3TXP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 03:55:50 AM »

+1 for Max Gain, I bought two. Very sturdy, well made work great.
K7ZRZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 07:03:34 AM »

(Name?),

What kind of antenna are you thinking of implementing with the pole?  That is, are you going to use the pole to hold up one end of a wire, or are you going to use it to construct some kind of vertical?  I'm a fulltime RVer, doing Oregon State Parks campground hosting all year, moving from park to park regularly. Perhaps I can give you some information from my own experiences.

I have two 40' pole form S9 antennas. One is the actual vertical antenna and the other just the pole. There's lots of possibilities in all this.

Brian K7ZRZ

Brian K7ZRZ
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 01:10:47 PM »

For a lightweight pole -- it'll hold a vertical wire or a dipole, but not a beam:

www.jackite.com

Their 31' "windsock pole" has worked well for me.

Charles
NR6K

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 01:48:01 PM »

I am planning a vertical antenna mounted to my RV ladder loaded with a SG-237. The parks that I go to have restrictions so I need to fly a flag or wind sock from the top of the pole. I am trying to get an idea of what   maximum pole length would work best in this situation. A green pole would not be the optimum color.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: