The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mapping Software  (Read 1566 times)
KB7AVB

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2016, 07:02:02 PM »

I am curious if there is any recommended software where one can track QSO's from your home station?  I have seen at times maps with contacts from a ham's home station with lines drawn and leading to a contact' station across the United States and the world and I was wonder if this is a software program or if you have to create a world map and manually connect the contact points? 

Thanks;
Mike
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 04:23:14 AM »

You could do it with Google Maps. You need a free account, and you can create custom maps with push pins on it. They also have a "measuring tool" that can be used to measure from one point to the other.
VE3BJY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 02:29:22 PM »

If I understand your question correctly, QRZ.COM has this feature, on line.

Register/login into QRZ.COM
Enter callsign of station you want to map to (upper left hand side, search - by callsign)
click "detail" (beside biography)
click "show map", produces map, +/- zoom in/out
bearing, distance, etc info from login call sign along left hand side
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:59:15 PM »

I am curious if there is any recommended software where one can track QSO's from your home station?  I have seen at times maps with contacts from a ham's home station with lines drawn and leading to a contact' station across the United States and the world and I was wonder if this is a software program or if you have to create a world map and manually connect the contact points?  

DXLab can plot your logged QSOs on its built-in world map, on Google Earth, or on DX Atlas. It's free, and available here. Reviews are here.

Dave, AA6YQ
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:12:26 AM by AA6YQ » Logged
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 04:19:47 AM »

I am curious if there is any recommended software where one can track QSO's from your home station?
Mike

Most good Logging software will do this. I presently use LOG4OM. It has it's own map and also integrates your Q's with Google Earth if desired.

Unlike ancient, hard to use "so yesterday"loggers like Dxlabs, Log4OM has a modern easy to use Windows interface. Log4OM is free, well supported and constantly improved: http://www.log4om.com/

Stan K9IUQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: