Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to identify new interference  (Read 1320 times)
VE3TMT

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2010, 06:05:03 PM »

I have shot a video but not sure how to get it on the net for you guys to listen and view. Basically it is a very broadband S9+ signal that covers from about 11 MHz right up through 10 meters. My guess is an arcing power line pole, I don't think it is a plasma TV as it is not constant. It comes and goes lasting a few minutes. Sometimes you can hear it building up, other times it quickly appears and drops off just as quick. Before I contact the utility company I'd like a second opinion. If anyone is interested in seeing the video, email me, my callsign at yahoo.ca

I have killed the power to everything in my home so I know it is not being generated from my side.

The video is about 8 meg in size. I tried uploading to YouTube, but it will not send me the verification email like it says it is.

Update:

The interference has been traced to a streetlight pole on the corner of my street. Using my portable receiver tuned to 20m, the interference peaks as the light goes out. As the light recharges, the interference gains until the light comes back on the interference stops. The light is cycling on and off more than twice per minute so I think it is tripping the breaker.

Max
VE3TMT
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:08:02 PM by Max Donoghue » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: