The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY NOT JUST SCRAP THE TEST  (Read 5922 times)
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2016, 04:02:17 PM »

It's fun to watch you troll and then tell people to "relax, it's only a hobby". What's the matter not getting attention from the significant other? Or perhaps you don't have a significant other? Well you won't find him or her here. But hey, just like KTN, negative attention is better than none huh?

If this wasn't a hobby and we really needed it for emergency communications the FCC would have made the license extremely hard to get.  If it's so important for emergency type communication why isn't the FCC ENFORCING RULES?  Listen on 7.200. It's a hobby with easy tests and no enforcement of any rules at all.
K5PHW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2016, 05:09:02 PM »

Aha! You are just pissing about 7.200.
Why didn't you just say so?  Roll Eyes
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2016, 07:32:54 AM »

The license exams were never intended to weed out bad operators. What ever gave you that opinion?  The exam proves a reasonable level of technical competence, and an understanding of communications laws.  It is not, and never was, a psych exam.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2016, 07:58:31 AM »

The license exams were never intended to weed out bad operators. What ever gave you that opinion?  The exam proves a reasonable level of technical competence, and an understanding of communications laws.  It is not, and never was, a psych exam.
To put it in more simple terms, the tests were to weed out people who could not operate their transmitters correctly.  The worry was that an Amateur might wipe out a licensed station by making errors in tuning, or building a transmitter.  The test was to insure that this stood little chance of happening.

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2016, 08:46:07 AM »

The license exams were never intended to weed out bad operators. What ever gave you that opinion?  ...

My recollection is that the "bad operators" argument first arose when no-code licenses became available. There was a faction with amateur radio that used the argument that forcing applicants to demonstrate competence in Morse made them better operators. (Or perhaps their argument was the converse, that by not requiring CW competence, we were allowing bad operators into our ranks.)

The fundamental equivalence was likely "a no-code license is basically a CB license" plus "CBers are all bad operators" so "no-code licenses mean bad operators."

WT3O

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2016, 04:14:33 PM »

Why don't we just scrap the test to become a Ham?  Fill out some forms, pay a fee and BOOM you are on the air. 

I'm guessing that you will complain about the "dumbing down" until blue in the face, but won't take the time and effort to read the questions/responses and send comments to the NCVEC to improve the question pool.

Here's a link for your reference: http://www.arrl.org/news/ncvec-question-pool-committee-seeks-comments-on-the-technician-question-pool

If you don't like it, you can always Make The Ham Tests Great Again Smiley
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2016, 09:14:13 PM »

Just like drivers education in High School. It's not to weed out bad drivers but you have to prove a reasonable level of competence before you can obtain your license. Including knowing all of the laws. Keep the laws in place but never enforce them. It doesn't work. If it did we would not need Police or the FCC.
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2016, 11:25:19 AM »

Another troll stuck in an endless loop. Why don't we all just play along and pretend we agree? Maybe that would end this utter nonsense, there would be less threads like this to wade through. Boys and girls, just repeat after me: "Okay! Yeah ... scrap the test!"  Grin

N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2016, 10:14:50 AM »

Another troll stuck in an endless loop. Why don't we all just play along and pretend we agree? Maybe that would end this utter nonsense, there would be less threads like this to wade through. Boys and girls, just repeat after me: "Okay! Yeah ... scrap the test!"  Grin

Good one. With the effort he put into this thread he could be well on his way to getting a license and wouldn't have to use that silly Plankeye handle.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2016, 12:10:14 PM »

Why don't we just scrap the test to become a Ham?  Fill out some forms, pay a fee and BOOM you are on the air. 

Better question is why not Block anyone from posting here that is scared too post their call sign? Who are you scared of that you hide behind your keyboard? Must be tough sleeping being so afraid & I bet you sleep with one eye open & two night lights just in case one burns out.  Grin   Shocked   Wink

Clayton
W4KVW
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2016, 02:44:17 PM »

Better question is why not Block anyone from posting here that is scared too post their call sign? Who are you scared of that you hide behind your keyboard? Must be tough sleeping being so afraid & I bet you sleep with one eye open & two night lights just in case one burns out.  Grin   Shocked   Wink

Clayton
W4KVW

Well, it took me all of about 5 minutes to determine his callsign,  KC0###

so simple, even a caveman could do it.
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2016, 02:58:35 PM »

Well, it took me all of about 5 minutes to determine his callsign,  KC0###

LOL!  Cheesy

I'm not as smart as a caveman, I guess. But as I stumble and waddle along with a dumb look on my face, drooling, and knuckles dragging the ground, I'm tooo stoopid to understand why anyone would reply to this thread.  Grin

Methinks there's more fun things to do instead.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:01:34 PM by W0BTU » Logged

SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2016, 04:06:35 PM »

He's been a Tech since 2006, license upgrades (Tests) are not for everyone.
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2016, 07:30:58 AM »

He's been a Tech since 2006, ...

that is correct.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: