Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many here has ever held an Advanced and/or a Novice license ?  (Read 66816 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »

Novice-tech-general-extra.  IN that order.  I failed the Advanced test somehow.  Took at a hamfest.  I was sure I was right on about at least 75% of the answers.  I saw the rushing due to volume of tests,  lady quickly put a check sheet over the test and it looked like about 3 of the holes lined up with answer dots, so I was thinking, operator error there, but I did not bother trying that one again.  I never ever do that horrible on multiple choice.  I could not do that bad if I tried!  Random chance would get more hits. 

Novice, Conditional, (in military) General, Advanced and Extra. Last one over 20years ago.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2014, 10:04:34 AM »

I held the Advanced for a while before just biting the bullet and getting the Extra out of the way with the Feds doing it.  Honestly, to me, the Advanced written was by far the hardest.  The Extra was the easiest.  The Code part wasn't hard as I had learned it earlier and used it a lot and breezed thru it.  However, I do feel the written was far harder than the General or Extra (combined).
K4JPN

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2014, 10:41:38 AM »

Took my Novice and Technician (practice for the General) in Nov 61.  I got my Novice KN1VKW in Jan 1962, my Technician K1VKW in Feb 62 and  passed my General K1VKW in Feb 1962 in the Boston FCC Office I received it in May 1962.  Then in Oct 1975 I passed my Advanced K4JPN in the Atlanta FCC office and the Extra K4JPN in Oct 81 in the Atlanta FCC office.  So I have held all classes of licenses and operated in all classes except Technician.  I was inactive from 1964 to 1974 college and the Air Force.
WB0HZL

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2014, 09:41:59 PM »

Not to brag - OK may be just a little, I have held every class of amateur radio license available except the Conditional (General by mail).

Novice, Technician (no Tech Plus back then), General, Advanced and Extra. Got Novice in 1968, Technician and General in 1972, do not remember when I got the Advanced license (sometime in the mid 1970s) and the extra in 1978. All except the Novice were administered at the FCC Office in Denver, CO.

Incentive licensing worked for me - I wanted a amateur frequencies in the 15 Meter band!  Wow what a ride!
WB2KSP

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Yesterday at 04:49:14 PM »

I held the Advanced for a while before just biting the bullet and getting the Extra out of the way with the Feds doing it.  Honestly, to me, the Advanced written was by far the hardest.  The Extra was the easiest.  The Code part wasn't hard as I had learned it earlier and used it a lot and breezed thru it.  However, I do feel the written was far harder than the General or Extra (combined).

I took my tests on Varick street in Manhattan in the early 1980's and by far the Advanced theory was more difficult then the Extra exam. The CW was easy for me.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: