The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Printing upgraded license from FCC Website - Need Help  (Read 12500 times)
WA2ISE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 10:38:26 AM »

if you want to get ham radio license plates, as far as i know you need an official copy of your license.  maybe they would allow you to show it via the FCC website on your smart phone, but to be safe you can always just go to the FCC ULS and login to online filing and click the 'request duplicate' link that appears to the right under the "work on this license' heading.  ...
I recently got ham plates, and I sent the NJ DMV (MVC) my ham license I printed myself.  No problems with that, I suppose the person who handles ham plates at the DMV checks the FCC web site to verify that I did in fact have the license I said I have.  (S)he probably has the FCC ham license web page bookmarked for quick access.  Same person likely also does MD plates for doctors and other special persons.
W9RND

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 11:10:25 AM »

I recently got ham plates, and I sent the NJ DMV (MVC) my ham license I printed myself.  No problems with that, I suppose the person who handles ham plates at the DMV checks the FCC web site to verify that I did in fact have the license I said I have.  (S)he probably has the FCC ham license web page bookmarked for quick access.  Same person likely also does MD plates for doctors and other special persons.

i guess my worst-case scenario planning may have been overkill then.  but with my luck the BMV guy or gal would have been a Barnie Fife type and said, no dice mister, we need an official copy! LOL
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 10:29:45 AM »

afaik, for id purposes at the BMV (DMV elsewhere), the copies you print yourself from the FCC website are not official copies. 

The "Official Copy" that you can download from the ULS as a pdf and print out yourself (not to be confused with a "Reference Copy" from the ULS) is indistinguishable from what you'll get in the mail from the FCC.

What they send by mail is printed on plain white paper -- same as you can print yourself.
There's no watermark in the paper or anything else to show that it came from the FCC.
N4NLQ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2016, 02:56:23 PM »

The stuff that the FCC used to use is called "safety paper"; it's the same paper that checks are printed on and is available in small quantities and different colors and designs from a stationery store or the card and paper department of most good sized drug stores.  You could also try the UPS and FedEX print places or a local copy shop.  It isn't cheap but the few sheets you'll need are more affordable if you split the cost with another Ham or two.  Download the .pdf and print it on the safety paper.

Allan - N4NLQ
Retired printer
KD5RGJ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 06:41:27 PM »

The original paper license from the FCC did not have OFFICIAL on them!!
KD5RGJ
SPENCER
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: