Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Elecraft K3 Owners on Oahu, Hawaii?  (Read 2136 times)
KH6DC

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2010, 04:16:42 PM »

Are there any Elecraft K3 owners on Oahu, Hawaii?  If so, please can I come and try it, mainly listen to see noise level is an improvement over my Icom 7600, esp plasma TV noise?  I'm thinking of replacing the 7600 with the K3.

Mahalo and 73, Delwyn KH6DC (former AH6OK)

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 12:36:11 PM »

Hi Delwin,

Have you tried posting your request on the Elecraft reflector?:  http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft

You will need to register, but it's simple and fast.  I suspect you'd find a K3 Owner or two on your island who would love to show off their rig.

Good luck.

73 de Terry, WØFM
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:51:39 PM »

Thanks Terry,

Just registered and will post query.

73, Delwyn KH6DC

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 12:43:50 AM »

Are there any Elecraft K3 owners on Oahu, Hawaii?  If so, please can I come and try it, mainly listen to see noise level is an improvement over my Icom 7600, esp plasma TV noise?  I'm thinking of replacing the 7600 with the K3.

Mahalo and 73, Delwyn KH6DC (former AH6OK)

Delwyn there is a few over here on the Big Island I dont know about Oahu there must be some I am sure. Try John Buck KH7T in Waimea on the Big Island he is very knowledgeable on the K3. If you are having problems with a Plasma TV it would be tough fixing that noise source if it is not yours if it is yours then sell it and buy a LCD/LED TV. I do not think a K3 is better than any radio to get rid of a noise source like a Plasma TV they are just a plain NASTY broadband noise generator.

Roland AH6RR
KG6YV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 01:05:53 PM »

FYI,

A friend of mine had a plasma TV that gave "fits" to his FT-1000Mk5.  He bought a TenTec Orion and eliminated most of the noise in the receiver with the DSP.  He then sold the plasma TV and bought an LCD.

Greg
KG6YV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: