Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5th annual K5R special event station  (Read 7468 times)
KD5PCK

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2010, 06:14:35 AM »

I know it's still a while off, but I wanted to get tghe word out about our club's sepcial event station.

Our club started this special event station one year after the hurricanes. To the best of my knowledge, we are the only special event station that has been commemorating these two tragic events. The goal of the event was to spread the word that the city of New Orleans was not the only city affected by Hurricane Katrina. Many communities on the Mississippi coast were almost removed completely from the map. The same occurred along the coasts of Texas and Louisiana when Hurricane Rita made landfall almost one month later.

The Southeast Louisiana Amateur Radio Club (SELARC) will be sponsoring the 5th annual special event station, K5R, to commemorate the anniversaries of Hurricanes Katrina & Rita. Operations will take place on Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29, 2010, from 1400-2000 UTC each day. Club members will be operating on 7.250 and 14.250 mHz (+/- QRM), and also in other areas of the general portions of the HF bands. Please send a SASE for a QSL to: SELARC/K5R, P.O. Box 1324, Hammond, LA 70404.

More information can be found at the club's website at: www.selarc.org or on the Yahoo group site at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K5R .

Thank you very much.

Scott Hernandez
VP, SELARC
www.selarc.org
KD5PCK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 08:44:04 AM »

All:
 This year, the special event station, K5R, will be planning to operate a few modes we have not in the past. Look for digital modes within the general portions of the bands as well as CW.
 One of our operators will not be able to make it to our main operating QTH but will be operating from a location in Mt. Hermon, Louisiana. Eric, AC5CW, will be operating from a location close to Mt. Hermon High School using the callsign WM5T. This school was used as a shelter for the employees of Jefferson Parish when Hurricane Katrina made landfall and later was used as a distribution center for supplies coming in from around the country. Look for Eric operating QRP on 40 meters.
 I plan to update our operating frequencies, modes, etc. throughout the special event via Twitter. You can follow me @kd5pck for updates.
 Operations will be from 9am-3pm CDT (1400-2000 UTC). Published frequencies are 7.250 and 14.250 MHz, but we may show up anywhere.

Hope to hear you on the air.

Scott
KD5PCK
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 08:38:18 AM »

Don't forget to add this to the eHam calendar.

http://www.eham.net/calendar/

George
K5TR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: