Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Control airplane Net  (Read 1909 times)
K3MEP

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »

Somewhere between 20m and 160m is a net (or group) dedicated to discussing Remote Control Airplanes. If anyone knows this frequency and time, I would really appreciate it. Thanks
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 04:42:25 PM »

Hello K3MEP, I have been flying RC airplanes for more then 50 years and have not heard of this net. I would be very interested in it as well, if it exists.

Happy New Year,
73s
K2OWK
K2FOX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »

Looks like there might be something on 75m. Check out this link...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1324237

-Jay
K3MEP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 07:19:49 PM »

Thanks K2OWK and K2FOX. That's a start. I actually was listening on 80m when I heard these guys talking about a group of R/C pilots, but I missed the first part. I just have a tech license now, but I will take my general in the spring, and that sounds like a place I would like to chew on. I have your call signs and I will get in touch with you if I learn any more. Likewise, please.

Happy New Year. K3MEP, Mike
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 05:33:51 AM »

For the skeet shooters and R/C plane hobbyist out there, I heard that they have a new challenge for R/C pilots and their aircraft, R/C plane skeet shooting! Grin I have never tried it but it sounds like fun and would probably be a great spectator sport. Especially for R/C pilot's wives! Wink
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 06:30:11 AM »

Guy,
 They have RC plane skeet shooting here in the Dallas area every month. They have 2 classes, 20 gauge shootgun and the very difficult 22 cal rifle class. Fun to watch. 73 Jim
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 07:15:12 AM »

Assuming that the .22 is a single shot, has anyone actually scored a hit? Hopefully they are using .22 shot loads! Shocked
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:57:15 AM by Guy "Vern" Wells » Logged
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 09:08:07 AM »

For the 22 cal class they can only use LR hollow points. The gun must be a lever or bolt action. The hollow points make it a real challange.
73 Jim. KF5HRN
KB3TXH

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 07:37:06 AM »

As a RC plane hobbyist, I am a little sceptical. It takes me a couple days to build most kit planes.
The electronics I put in them cost at a minimum $ 40, so the total investment is kind of high to be
taking pot shots at.
Then, I wonder how likely it is that a tiny .22 bullet will hit a critical element in a moving airplane.

So when I add it all up, time, money, difficulty, .22 bullets zipping around, I don't know.
 However, the mental image of a Styrofoam airplane becoming confetti from a shotgun blast is
intriguing.
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 03:26:53 PM »

I shot a bullet into the air it fell to earth I know not where. Shooting a riffle into the air in most states is illegal and also extremely dangerous. I would hate to standing under that bullet when it came back down. I think a 22 caliber bullet has a range of over a mile. Of course if you are using 22 spurt in a smooth bore gun, I see no problem, except that the plane would have to be very close for you to hit with any effect.

73s
K2OWK
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 03:57:35 AM »

James and Barry,
 I was thinking that Guy who wrote here about the skeet shooting of the little RC planes was only kidding(I hope)
I know that I was only adding to the joke. We don't really do that here in Dallas.Sorry for the misunderstanding.
 73 Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: