Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: working myself  (Read 4108 times)
DL3OCH

Ignore
« on: September 08, 2010, 07:22:10 PM »

I never operated via remote station but I am thinking about it because I am quite often travelling and miss alot of nice DXpeditions. As I am myself alot on DXpeditions, I am wondering what the rules say if I work myself. Imagine this case:
I have my station in Germany remote controlled. No matter from where I operate it via internet, I use DL3OCH as station id... just as if I were sitting at the station. If I am now on DXpedition, lets say I am active as KH0/KT3Q. Could I actually work myself? What would DXCC say to that. I could give myself quite some new bandpoints.

I know that such thoughts are not only in my head...

73 de Bodo, BW/DL3OCH
HB9EHJ, KT3Q, 5N7Q
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 09:27:40 PM »

Bodo, if I understand it correctly, for DXCC purposes, you may have another person go to your home station and work you.... The contact might not even have to be from your station, it might just be that you authorize them to use your call.  I cannot find the actual rule right now, but I think I have seen it.    

I doubt it counts for DXCC to work yourself from your own remote station, because it is sort of a conflict of interest to be both the person trying for the contact and the person giving out the contact Grin

I'd probably contact the DXCC desk to be certain.  I think some of the remote-base rules are in flux, or are not clear because this issue is somewhat new.

I do think there is a way for you to get credit for your activations that count for your DXCC from Germany , but my guess is that you cannot work yourself.  

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: