Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New PC doesn't hear digital signals  (Read 472 times)
G0GQK

Ignore
« on: May 13, 2009, 11:13:11 AM »

I have recently purchased a new PC using XP to replace an old Compaq Deskpro, also using XP, which I have operated Digipan for many years, however the sound card is not hearing signals. As a simple test I connected a cable from the TX speaker to the Line In/ Mic In but nothing is appearing on the monitor. Not a flicker ! The new PC is deaf !

Checking through some notes I made many years ago I checked in My Computer, then Properties then into Devise Manager to check the settings in "Sound video and Game controllers" but that didn't help.

The new PC is XP, like the old PC, the normal connections which one uses are not functioning because the signal is not reaching the Realtek soundcard. The soundcard is working correctly as I am able to listen to audio streaming on broadband.

I would appreciate some assistance from an XP user with some experience of this problem to get my new PC working with Digipan. Your help will really be appreciated.

Kind regards,  Mel G0GQK
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 12:54:20 PM »

I'd check the sound card mixer controls again and make sure you don't have any of the inputs muted or tunned all the way down. That includes the WAV control.
G0GQK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »

Thanks for your reply. All the settings are at 50%, and none are muted, the TX is tranmitting but the signal is not reaching the Realtek soundcard, the connections we use, Line In and Line out are not functioning. Even a simple connection from the speaker output into Line IN is showing nothing on the monitor.

OK, anyone have any suggestions how this computer can be brought to digital life ?

Kind regards,  Mel G0GQK
AB3CX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 08:40:43 AM »

YOU MAY NEED TO CHECK THAT THE SOUND CARD DRIVERS ARE PROPERLY INSTALLED, AND THAT THE DEVICE IS ENABLED. GO INTO THE CONTROL PANEL, DEVICE MANAGER, AND CHECK THAT THE DEVICE IS ENABLED AND THAT THE DRIVERS ARE THERE.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »

hi Mel,

in Digipan, click on

Configure, then Waterfall Drive
to verify you are using the desired input.

73 james
K1XV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 07:47:41 AM »

I had the same issue when I bought a business oriented XP desktop.  Because these are business machines, it appears that they do not have the typical "soundblaster" type sound card capability.

I solved this by buying a USB sound interface.  The one I bought is a Behringer UCA202, which did not cost much and resolved the issue 100%
KF4HPY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 10:53:55 AM »

Try mike jack instead of line in.  I use mike and earphone with P&P on all of my PC's and laptops.  Alwatys rough with new equipment.  Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: