Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRD 5.0  (Read 19762 times)
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 06:35:08 AM »

HRD ver 5 is still in Beta and will - according to the developers - include LoTW integration.  It is on their To Do list.
AB7TJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »

And as of today 25-March-2010 "IT STILL IS" on the TO DO LIST.
TF3CY

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 05:38:22 AM »

Hi all

well I must say that this is a very sad thread imho.

I work for a company that makes computer software, but I'm a network engineer so I don't have a professional point of view on the GUI/interface etc.

In my work, there are lot's of commercially available software that cost tens of thousands of dollars and then amazing open source software, and it I'm always amazed that there are people out there that spend their time and effort making software that really works in the real world without getting any money for it.

So I will say it's great that there is software like this available for free for us.

And now it's comes to the HRD versus DXlabs. I think this comes down personal preferences. some would say that HRD  adheres better to the UI standards in Windows, and DXlab is littlebit esoteric. But as with all software you must learn how to use it and you come to appreciate all the bells and whistles, or perhaps you move on due to lack of features.

For some operators a linux console with 100 commands to control everything would be fine, then some people will find the DXlabs with so many features best, or like for me, a casual operator that logs 100qso's per month HRD is perfect for me...

so, I'm okay bashing commercially made applications, but you can't really criticise freeware/open source - you can either move on, or help the developer.

73 de TF3CY
Benni
KL7IPV

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 07:49:52 PM »

Good summation, Benni.
N5VIU

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 02:19:43 PM »

I have a yaesu FT-2000D.  I ran HRD 5.0 beta and have not been able to get it to work.  I hit the connect button and it goes through start up but comes up with the error unable to read frequency.  Has anyone had this problem. 
F1HKN

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 08:42:31 AM »

Let HRD choose the com port and the right speed by itself, after several tries, the connection will set correctly. Dont forget to check the model of transceiver. Personnaly, i use HRD with a TS2000 kenwood without any problem, either on my shack PS with a serial com port (on PCI card) with a classic DB9 F/F cable or on my laptop with a DB9F/USB converter. And don't forget also to set properly the PPT switching in the options menu (NONE, if you use an external soundcard like signalink or so on).
best 73's de Leon F1HKN
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 04:50:28 PM »

"- add 1 hour to the start time of each QSO made during the FOOBAR contest because someone set the time zone incorrectly on the PC you used during the contest."

Been there, done that......nice feature.

After a 39 hour, 4 aircraft trip to 5R8,
followed by a 2 hour nap, I setup my gear
and began working the pileups. I got to about
QSO #250 before I realized my laptop
was still set to Los Angeles time. DOH!
VE3PLO

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 10:31:14 PM »

N5VIU: read my post in this section "Topic: FT-450 and HRD 4.0 - can't get it to run, serial/usb problem?"

AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 09:48:16 AM »

"rapidly synchronize (upload and download) with LotW?
Creates ADIF files to wash through TQSL to create the TQ8 file"

As for HRD there is a app done by WD5EAE called HRD Utilities that does this with one click of the mouse it will upload and convert all contacts to TQ8 and down load all of the LoTW. I like the UI on HRD much better than DXlab UI and the DM780 is a great digital program too boot.
WD5EAE has 2 versions of the HRD Utilities one for HRD 4 and one for HRD 5 and they can be found here.
http://wd5eae.org/Software.html  oh it also does eQSL too but HRD does eQSL automaticaly if the right box is checked.

Roland AH6RR
K2ZS

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 09:41:24 AM »

Ham Radio Deluxe 5.0 is out as a Beta and available for download.  There have been many improvements to this software and it's value continues to increase.

For those who don't keep up with Rig Control Software, this FREEWARE (Donations welcomed) collection of programs gives you the most comprehensive station control in one package you could ever imagine.  To list:

Rig Control
Logging Software with contest submission and award analysis
Digital Mode Software
DX Spotter
Satellite Tracking
Rotator Control
Solar weather and prediction
Automated updates and information collection

One of the benefits of the new logging software is it allows you to place the log file on a computer and share that file out to several operators.  Great for club station, contests or even if you have multiple rigs and computers (like I do)  Logging allows you to enter the call, (and with a subscription to QRZ or loaded on your computer) check the call and populate all the fields automatically.  With some rigs, it'll read your S meter and complete the RST.  The Logging software, the digital software and the rig control all interface with one another giving you unprecedented control over all aspects of your station.

This is software written for Amateurs by Amateurs.  It's an international effort, and very well written.  Certainly worth the download and the price is as always - free.  Find it at www.ham-radio-deluxe.com

Since you seem so well informed on it may I ask why it won't connect to my TS-690S? I have posted requests for help on the HRD forum and gotten no replies. Any help would be appreciated.

Antenna restricted?
http://www.k2zs.com
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 05:02:52 PM »

Since you seem so well informed on it may I ask why it won't connect to my TS-690S? I have posted requests for help on the HRD forum and gotten no replies. Any help would be appreciated.

Well for starters you have to make sure that baud rate and parity of radio and serial port are the same. Also you must use a null modem serial cable too.   

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
K2ZS

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 05:12:52 PM »

So since the only baud rate for the TS-690 in HRD is 4800 I have to drop the hardware settings rate for my com port to 4800 as well? By default it's 9600 bps, data bits: 8, parity: none, stop bits: 1, and flow control: none. Will just dropping the bits per second to 4800 work?

As far as the cable goes it's a commercially made (West Mountain) cable that works with all other logging programs, what do you mean by null modem, will this cable not work?

Thank you by the way for replying, I've been trying for years to get some sort of answer...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:22:51 PM by K2ZS » Logged

Antenna restricted?
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 05:49:40 PM »

So since the only baud rate for the TS-690 in HRD is 4800 I have to drop the hardware settings rate for my com port to 4800 as well? By default it's 9600 bps, data bits: 8, parity: none, stop bits: 1, and flow control: none. Will just dropping the bits per second to 4800 work?

Hardware flow rates must match. If 690 is default to 4800, your com port must be set to same.  I would try default 8N1 (8 bit no parity and one stop bit) with no flow control. If that does not work try hardware flow control.

As far as the cable goes it's a commercially made (West Mountain) cable that works with all other logging programs, what do you mean by null modem, will this cable not work?

A Null Modem cable is a DB9 (orDB25) serial cable with two pins/wires crossed vs a standard serial cable.  It can be in cable or in a adapter on end of cable but it MUST be present.

Thank you by the way for replying, I've been trying for years to get some sort of answer...

Glad to be of help. Sometimes things just fall through cracks.

All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
K2ZS

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 07:56:31 PM »

Thanks...

I am aware of what a null modem cable is I just find it odd that this is the only software that requires one. Not sure if I want to re-tool every time I want to use N1MM or TRX Manager. I actually have a null modem cable on hand but I need a gender changer or I'll just make a new cable...

Thanks for your help

Antenna restricted?
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »

Thanks...

I am aware of what a null modem cable is I just find it odd that this is the only software that requires one. Not sure if I want to re-tool every time I want to use N1MM or TRX Manager. I actually have a null modem cable on hand but I need a gender changer or I'll just make a new cable...

Thanks for your help

It is not the software per say but rather hardware that needs the null modem to handshake properly. It roots go back to old modem days when serial was used to link computers together for file transfer and the crossover was needed to talk to a modem.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: