Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heathkit SB303 anyone have a manual?  (Read 6463 times)
W3RJ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 07:32:30 PM »

Yes I do.  And a damaged SB303 that is perfect for a supply of all internal parts.  Contact me.
W3rj@arrl.net
KD4SBY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 12:18:40 PM »

I just got a SB-303 on ebay and like what I see. It had a plug in the back LMO output, and you mentioned something about a LMO strap. I also do not have a manual, so what is the strap necessary for? I took it off and it was still operating, abeit with a shift in frequency.
Do I need the strap to be accurate on my dial?
W5RKL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 02:06:47 PM »

Yes, you need the LMO load plug plugged into the rear LMO socket if you do not use the SB-303 with either the SB-400 or SB-401 transmitter in "Transceive".

The LMO load plug is nothing more then a 50 ohm 1/2 watt resistor connected across the terminals of an RCA plug and the plug is inserted into the LMO rear panel socket. That's all you need when using the 303 as a separate receiver. The plug provides a stable load to the LMO. You may think there is no difference without the LMO plug inserted in the rear LMO socket but you will quickly notice the difference with and without it.

You can purchase the complete SB-303 manual from w7fg.com for $38. If you plan on keeping the receiver then I recommend you spend the $38 for the manual. I was fortunate when I bought my SB-303 on eBay, it came with the complete original manual.

73s
Mike
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:24:33 PM by Michael Waldrop » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: