Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help Submitting my log  (Read 1644 times)
KC7MAW

Ignore
« on: January 21, 2002, 02:40:13 AM »

I entered the North American QSO Party and now am having problems submitting the log in electronic format. I don't want to buy a piece of software most of which I won't use. I just need to submit my SSB QSO's in cabrillo format, but can't find freeware, shareware, or cheap software that will allow me to do just that.

I'm not a total computer idiot and was hoping that somebody could direct me to site or advice concerning making my own log out of EXCEL or then converting to cabrillo. Maybe some dirt cheap software.

I'm not willing to pay 70 bucks for software I don't need (rig control, cw keying/copying/sending, etc etc etc) just need to submit my QSO's.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 08:58:59 AM »

Cabrillo is an extremely easy to create ASCII (text) format.

Search the eHam Links for the word Cabrillo.  The actual spec is referenced there, as well as at least one tool guy, WT4I.

Also, check the eHam Links categories of shareware and logging software - there might be a freebee in there somewhere.

I take it you used Excel to log the contest?  I'm sure that's better than hand logging, but computer logging programs do a lot more for you than just the stuff you mentioned (which I guess you consider "fluff").  They write to hard disk each QSO, (I don't think you can get Excel to do that), dupe check automatically, maintain the multiplier check list - all important while you are operating.  And there are "free" logging programs as well - search our links.

Anyway, good luck with the Cabrillo format.

73 Mike N2MG
webmaster

PS: If you haven't done so, click the "Contesting" link to the left, under "Operating".
N5NA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2002, 11:23:40 PM »

Check out the N1MM Logger at www.n1mm.com.  It does NA QSO Party, exports to cabrillo, and it is free.  What more could you ask for?

Or, the cabrillo format is specified at http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/.

Alan  N5NA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: