Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duplicate "serial" number  (Read 528 times)
KD7PPH

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2003, 02:35:25 PM »

During the CQ Prefix contest,  I accidentally issued the same number to 2 contacts. I was not participating to compete but using it to get a few new ones.  Will my contacts be thrown out of their logs?  Will my QSL requests be denied?  Thanks.
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 12:03:27 PM »

Surely it won't matter for the QSLs.

As far as the contest itself goes, it is unlikely to cause any trouble, especially if you do not send in a log. Even if you do submit (and you supply it in Cabrillo format as you are supposed to), as long as the submitted QSO data reflects "what you sent", the log checking should simply compare the "incorrect" (but actually sent) number (and not the actual chronological number) with what is logged by the other station(s).

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, but you could always ask the contest director...  k6aw@cqww.com

73 Mike N2MG
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 01:50:14 PM »

You might (e-mail if possible) want to send a note to the stations and let them know of the unintentional error.
    I don't know how scores are checked and cross checked (if at all) in any of the contests.  The most that could happrn is that both stations would lose that contact because of the discrepancy, and unless you were a "RARE ONE" for one or both of the stations, and resulted in a multiplier, I doubt it will be of any consequence.  As Mike says, it probably will not be noticed, and will not affect the QSL validity.
AA8RF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 04:02:46 PM »

Unfortunately the rules of this contest clearly state that in the event of duplicates, you must contact the regional director of the FCC regions in which you and the other stations operated, and obtain a certified letter from each allowing the duplicates.

;-)

-Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: