Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Currently Constructing a World Class Station Here in North Dakota.  (Read 6757 times)
KC0W

Ignore
« on: November 27, 2010, 07:33:49 AM »

ALL will be welcome to stay & use it free of charge when it officially goes QRV by 2012..........4-Squares on 160 & 80 along with multiple rotating 200' towers on 40 - 10. Additional information about it's construction is on QRZ under my call. It's been a real labor of love (along with being a money pit) thus far............Hope to give a little something back to this wonderful hobby by this stations construction.

Tom KCØW   
K7MH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 12:36:42 PM »

Tom
If you see someone in a sleeping bag on your doorstep some morning...it's ME!!
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 06:08:10 AM »

You must have a very understanding wife!

Tanakasan
K7LA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »

Tom,

You're a great guy and a FB operator.  I am proud to display your mobile QSL card in my shack.

7 3,

Jim K7LA
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »

Thanks guys!!!

Hope many of you will make the trip up here to North Dakota after the station goes QRV. ALL will be welcome to stay at the house & operate for as long as you wish free of charge. This station has been a dream of mine for the past 4 -5 years now. I hope operating from the station will help take peoples minds off of the financial hardship & loss of employment that MANY have experienced over the past few years.

I'm have been seriously contemplating going with 9 antenna circle arrays on 80 & 160 meters versus constructing your typical "dime a dozen" 4 square on 80 & 160............Proud to be riding the lunatic fringe.  Smiley

Tom KCØW     

KF6ABU

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 05:09:47 PM »

What a nice person you are =) If i lived close by I think id come by every saturday...
KG0MN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »

Hi Tom,

Since I live just down I94 in the twin cities and happen to have a brother-in-law that is a ham in West Fargo I may have to drive up you way and check it out.  I am not able to climb a tower or anything but I can work a rope and help out if you ever are in dire need of a old man to run around with the water bucket.

73 and good luck
Kevin - KG0MN
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 08:27:06 PM »

hi Tom,

take a look at what K9CT is building in Trivoli, IL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUWI38ocVTM

73 james
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 08:50:49 PM »

ALL will be welcome to stay & use it free of charge when it officially goes QRV ...

You're a pretty trusting guy, Tom. :-)

I think I have a fair 160 meter station here, and have mulled over the same idea. But just because someone has an amateur radio license doesn't automatically mean he can be trusted. Trusted not to damage my equipment, trusted not to .... [fill in the blanks yourself]

KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 02:28:33 PM »

Thanks for the offer, I'll be there with cold beer  Grin

73, Delwyn KH6DC

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: