Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is my log wrong? HELP!!  (Read 1883 times)
AB2OL

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2004, 12:45:36 PM »

Hey all,

I'm using N1MM logger and I have all the info for the WPX SSB entered correctly. However, after 31 Q's, I checked the log, and it shows all my contacts as being on the same freq, 14.200. I've just been plugging away, entering the call and serial#. I'm only operating 20M this time, as it's my first contest attempt besides field day.

Is my log no good? I don't want to jump back into the test if I'm costing other stations points.

73 and HELP!

Pat AI4AQ (ex AB2OL)
KI4EFO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 01:00:56 PM »

This is funny. I have the same exact question. I've been updating the frequencies but it's a pain. Hopefully just showing something in 20 meters is sufficient.

BTW, I'm all the way up to 20 contacts so I'm definitely in the running for a major award! Maybe slowest OP?

Also, how does the WPX contest work regarding validation of logs? Do they run database operations on the logs that match them up for verification?

Eric
KI4EFO
AB2OL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 01:06:01 PM »

Most logger will export the contest log in Cabrillo format. All you have to do is e-mail that file to the e-mail listen on the contest home page (it's listed on the front page of this site)

If my log is wrong, I just cost 31 guys some points, and I'll feel pretty lousy for not paying attention

Pat AI4AQ (ex AB2OL)
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 09:58:52 PM »

The contest format generally is band only not the specific frequency.
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 10:00:37 PM »

However, if you haven't been changing the band entry as you change bands that could be a problem.

If you know everything is wrong, just don't send in the log and you won't hurt the other scores.  Your call will appear in enough logs that it won't get tossed out of the others as a "unique."
AB2OL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 10:36:24 PM »

Thanks for the info,

I've been opeating on 20M only, so the log's OK. I got a bit nervous though. Been raking em' in, apparantly my prefix is an odd one.

Pat AI4AQ (ex AB2OL)
AB2OL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 09:39:31 AM »

Hey all,

OK, so the log is fine, as I only operated 20M in the test....

Enter monkey wrench #2....

The e-mail robot sent my confirmation, but it is discarding every even line in the log, that's half my Q's! I opened the log in wordpad, and compared it to the template on the CQWPX website. I could find no difference between the even and odd lines in the log, it all looked good to me, and consistient with the template.I e-mailed the contest staff at the address given by the robot, but I'm sure they're busy, and will get back to be eventually.

I'm using N1MM logger, and it's updated to the latest version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and would put my mind at ease.

Pat AI4AQ (ex AB2OL)
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 07:47:30 PM »

try opening it in notepad rather than wordpad.

If you like, email it to me and I'll see what I can find.  Simply use my callsign at arrl.net
AB2OL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 08:37:34 PM »

Thanks, Dee.

I opened it in notepad as well, and it looks fine compared to the template as far as I can tell.

I appreciate the offer of you having a look at it. I'll send it off to you right away.

73 ES TNX,
Pat AI4AQ
AB2OL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 12:20:08 AM »

For anyone encountering this type of logging problem,

after exporting a contest log to Cabrillo format, open in wordpad. Look at the log in the page preview. If the lines wrap to the next line, open the margins to .25 Inches. this will ensure that the whole QSO stays on one line, and does not get wrapped.

Many thanks to N8UZE for helping me with this problem

Pat AI4AQ
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 07:42:34 PM »

You are most welcome.  It is often the little things that trip us up.
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 10:14:33 PM »

By the way, dive in and try a CW contest.  It's a blast but a bit nerve wracking the first time.  Once you "settle down" a bit though, it's really easier to get contacts when you have a limited station setup.
AB2OL

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 11:08:52 PM »

I'm looking forward to Field Day and WPX CW. I'm definately going to get my feet well wet in CW contesting before then. I've gotten some experience with CW DXing, But I may spend some time looking like the RCA Victrola dog in the first CW contest. I'm good for 15-20 WPM casually, But I can pick out calls and report up to 30WPM for limited periods before burning out.

Pat AI4AQ
K4SAC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2004, 10:42:12 AM »

YOu might want to check the N1MM logger Yahoo group. You can get a fast answer there (usually)

Jack K4SAC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: