Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Project being worked on!  (Read 1471 times)
W9RCM

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2010, 01:43:16 PM »

Greetings everyone!

I'd like to introduce to everyone a new project I've been wrapping up... It's a desktop and most importantly MOBILE friendly nationwide Callsign and Repeater Search tool. (Repeater search includes an automatic geolocation based search of repeaters within 35 miles of your current location.)

The url is http://qsl.fm

This is not a money making venture! (read that twice) Smiley

Several of us just got tired of the lack of free tools like this, so we created our own with SPEED, SIMPLICITY, and MOBILITY in mind - we're very anxious to see what you guys think, so far we've gotten some nice reviews, and we listen to every single suggestion that comes down the pipe.

I appreciate everyones time, and I also appreciate your suggestions and comments!

Upcoming features:
  • @QSL.FM and @QSL.AM e-mail addresses
  • and some new features the HF guys are going to like... ALOT.

If you think it's useful, please share the site with a friend!

W9RCM
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:06:28 PM »

Quote from:  link=topic=72564.msg487368#msg487368 date=1293486196
most importantly MOBILE friendly nationwide Callsign and Repeater Search tool. (Repeater search includes an automatic geolocation based search of repeaters within 35 miles of your current location.)

I don't really talk much on repeaters anymore, but man, I just tried the geo-locating repeater search (Moto Droid) and I think that's really slick.

If you can get a hold of a Canadian repeater database, it would be cool to have that added. I'm home for the holidays in Erie, PA and about half the repeaters easily accessible from this QTH are in Ontario.

But this is really nicely implemented and would be really cool for travelers.

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
KC8IUR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 10:52:42 AM »

Checked it out on my iPhone, this is really neat!
KJ4I

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 07:39:06 AM »

It's a great tool works well but the information is several years out of date. It still lists a couple of repeaters that I owned here in Alabama. I sold them about 4 years ago and one of them is not even on the air anymore. The other one was recoordinated to another individual at the time I sold them. Other than that it looks like a pretty handy tool.

Jason
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: