Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NZ4Z < Has my Money but I don't have a Radio !!!!  (Read 5652 times)
N0YG

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2010, 06:16:14 AM »

Radio has shipped 12-29-2010. Thats all I know now.

1-16-2011
now I have my money back.
I am done with this, PERIOD
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:24:57 PM by N0YG » Logged
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 07:24:05 AM »

First of all, I really hate to have to make a post like this but I feel I am left no choice.
I bought a Icom 7000 that Steve NZ4Z had posted for sale. I paid $850 by PayPal on 12-24-2010 and he said he would send out the radio equipment on Monday 12-27-2010, I said no problem. Well you know where this s going, Here it is Wednesday 12-29-2010 and He has not answered any emails in 5 days and only returned 1 phone call saying he would send the radio. He works 3 rd shift but that still leaves 16 hours in a day to get things done. I called Steve this morning 12-29-2010 @ 7:15 am because I felt he would answer the phone because of his 3rd shift work, and nothing but answering machine like always. So IF THIS GETS CORRECTED I WILL AMEND THIS POST BUT RIGHT NOW THIS IS WHATS HAPPENING. BEWARE. RIGHT NOW STEVE HAS MY $850 AND I HAVE NOTHING AFTER 5 DAYS !!!!
nØyg
Robert

"I have nothing after 5 days".
Since he said that he would get it out to you on Monday the 27th and it is now Wednesday the 29th do you think that maybe you are being a little premature in climbing all over him for you not having a radio? You should not have even had an expectation that he would do anything at all with the radio until Monday (two days ago).

You do not know what his sleep schedule is after working third shift. He may be a morning sleeper, maybe an afternoon sleeper. I certainly understand his reasons for having voice-mail if he is to get any sleep at all.

I think your expectations are off base since it is only two days later. I cannot even get Amazon.com to send something out guaranteed on the next day unless I am willing to pay an extra $50-100.

I am just guessing that maybe this is one of the first times you have purchased something from another ham in this manner. If I was the seller and had read the email you just posted I definitely would be unhappy with how you are handling it. You start out right away by implying that he is a thief.

The only warning I would take from this thread so far is to not sell you anything.

I hope that your radio arrives in the next few days and you feel foolish for making this post.

Tisha Hayes

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
WG8Z

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 07:24:51 AM »

Gee lets see 12/25 Christmas 12/26 Sunday    5-2=3 business days...
Some people have family's and go to church on Sunday....Then theres the sleep thing. Add the fact that USPS,UPS and Fedex are still getting caught backup from the x-mas glut.... I'd give it a few days before I'd get worried.. I've talked to Steve on the Bands and he's a stand up guy. Hope it works out OK for you.....If it doesn't don't worry too much he won't be hard to find, he's a cop, just call the PD i'm sure they can find him for you.  Wink
Happy New Yea
K9YLI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 07:51:21 AM »

Good grief  charlie brown..

your shipping something  UPS or  fedx  from  podunk hollow in the east
coast area to    resume speed, kansas..

at chirstmas rush time. 

my guess 8 to 13 days  transit time..
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 08:01:43 AM »

I know NZ4Z and I can tell you he's an "OK guy".  I would wait a few more days before getting upset.  I have seen horrible delivery service this year from almost all the carriers.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »

The time of year almost INSURES that any shipments will be delayed.

I too think you are popping off way too early.  After all, he said Monday--and that is up to whenever the shipping outlets close on Monday.

You expect too much.  Slow down and enjoy life--you only get one chance to.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 01:09:27 PM »

Since you posted quite a rant about NZ4Z and intimated he was less than honest, do you think more of a public apology to him is in order than simply "Steve has called and all is well."?

If I were NZ4Z, I would certainly be expecting a very profuse apology.

PS - if you don't want comments about how you conduct your business, don't post your business on a public forum. Smiley

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »

I don't think anyone was complaining. They were simply saying that you are jumping the gun
to expect someone that said he would ship on Monday the 27th and expect it to arrive on the
29th. (unless you paid for Over Night delivery) Otherwise, WHY did you even post here if you
didn't want comments?? You posted a negative comment against someone and don't expect
any response? That makes no sense to me. ( I know, mind my own business, but, by posting
here, you made it everyone's business to comment if they wanted to )
 Good luck and enjoy your new (to you) IC-7000. They are great radios.
james
WD5GWY

VE3PLO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 02:35:52 PM »

buddy, its Xmas time for Christ sake!! take a chill pill and relax, didn't you ever hear stories of xmas cards arriving at adresee's houses in February??? you know why? because it is XMAS/holiday time!!! it will get there, read a book or something in the mean time instead bashing someone here so early into the whole process!
NZ4Z

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 04:01:59 PM »

First let me thank those who have made comments in my defense.....thank you all very much. As you can see I work as a police officer....we have been short handed with injury, and people out with the flu causing us to work 16 hr shift. I live 1 hour from work, so 18 hrs for work....time to eat....sleep 3 hrs maybe. I wish I could have found the time to ship faster, it just didn't happen. Robert and I spoke today, he has a tracking number, all is well. It was a misunderstanding. I know my 7000 is a great radio....I truly hope he enjoys it.

NZ4Z
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 05:33:46 AM »

Since you posted quite a rant about NZ4Z and intimated he was less than honest, do you think more of a public apology to him is in order than simply "Steve has called and all is well."?

If I were NZ4Z, I would certainly be expecting a very profuse apology.

PS - if you don't want comments about how you conduct your business, don't post your business on a public forum. Smiley

Agree with this post--ESPECIALLY the PS!
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 11:37:23 AM »

A think a post with the subject DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH N0YG is in order.

Note that he edited out his original post; but still didn't apologize for the insinuations.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 12:23:24 PM »

N0YG appears to be 94 years old (born in 1916).  You'd think he would have learned to have a bit of patience ... Roll Eyes

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »

N0YG appears to be 94 years old (born in 1916).  You'd think he would have learned to have a bit of patience ... Roll Eyes

You've obviously met my 99-year old mother. As sweet as she is, patience is not one of her greatest virtues. <g>

WB0KSL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »

At age 94, time would appear to be of the essence  ;-)

73 de John - WB0KSL
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: