Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would YOU pay for a TR7 and PS7??????  (Read 7436 times)
WB2EOD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:05 AM »

Some thoughts on the auction scene:

Multiple eBay identities are fairly common and not always for the purpose of dodging negative feedback.  A seller lists an item under one identity.  Then, to stimulate bidding and bump up the price the same seller bids under another identity.  The seller could also arrange with close friends to do this for him.   Such a bidder is known as a "shill" or a "plant".  Obviously the shill must not end up the winner.  When this happens, parties arrange for "local pickup and payment"  and neither money nor goods actually change hands.  Shilling has been around as long as auctions (on line and physical)  and is an integral part of the process.

Buy it now:
I follow the more ridiculous BIN prices strictly for laughs. 
OTOH, for many sellers, this a a business.  They make part (or most, or all) of their living dealing on EBay, they try to get as much as they can and in that respect you really can't fault them.   

Language of EBay:
Most common eBay phrases and their meanings
"Last time I tested it, it worked" >  "It probably does NOT work"
"I haven't tested it"                  >  "It definitely does NOT work"
"I have no way to test it"          >  "I'm not even sure what it is"
"Seems to work"                      >   "Some noises came from the speaker"
"Guaranteed not DOA" means     >   "The tubes and bulbs light up and there is no smoke"
"Could use a good cleaning"       >   "It has been stored in a chicken coup for 10 years"
"A few scratches"                    >   "Soiled, rusted, smells of tobacco"

A picture is worth a thousand words:
Photographs can be a fair indication of physical condition and may (or may not) be some indication of electrical condition.  Good clean merchandise will usually be listed with good quality photos inside and out. 
Remember that the seller won't photograph anything he doesn't want you to see. (I learned this the hard way)

As hams, "Hoss trading" is part of our nature

WB2EOD
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »

hi

Or some of the best lines used on Ebay from Radio-Mart Marty...
now selling as radio-mart.net... stay away and save your money.

This line of his says it all..

"Also we have a presence on eBay, I have provided a link to our eBay store where you
Can take your chances bidding on equipment we have listed."

>>>>>

I am very pleased to have available this “Exceptional” Kenwood TS-570D transceiver along with Box with Inserts, Microphone, Owner’s manual and power Lead .

I have tested the transceiver and it is working to book specs, one thing I thought though, the Auto ATU is the fastest one I have ever come across.

I cannot fault the rig cosmetically or electronically, there no Marks or scratches and NO dings and all controls are fully responsive, it’s in exceptional condition.

I took this set in part exchange for a Collins transceiver and those who know me know this set is too modern for me; I like the glow of tubes.

It is a very high spec set and it really does come in to its own when you use the DSP on CW, despite its relatively low price, there are very few rigs that can keep up with this one in terms of overall performance and certainly none in this price range.

So if you’re after a top spec set in exceptional condition with a built in ATU, then you cannot go far wrong by buying this rig.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:07:31 PM by KE4DRN » Logged
NA7U

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 11:23:34 AM »

I agree, that price is really not that bad IF it is in top condition, esp. with all the filters.

This one is interesting:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DRAKE-TR7-STATION-NOT-ESTATE-PERSONAL-2ND-STATION-/170613377727?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27b9598abf

Couldn't sell it for $1150 BIN, so relisted as auction and it fetched $1300! Smiley

At least it is very clean and looks to be in top condition. Smiley

WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 02:00:04 PM »

I agree, that price is really not that bad IF it is in top condition, esp. with all the filters.

This one is interesting:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DRAKE-TR7-STATION-NOT-ESTATE-PERSONAL-2ND-STATION-/170613377727?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27b9598abf

Couldn't sell it for $1150 BIN, so relisted as auction and it fetched $1300! Smiley

At least it is very clean and looks to be in top condition. Smiley

It also included the matching power supply, remote VFO, antenna tuner, and two microphones including an EV-638 which sometimes bring $100 alone (for that mike).  $1300 is a pretty fair deal for all that stuff.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: