Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CONTEST LOGGING SOFTWARE  (Read 1138 times)
K2DFC

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2005, 10:43:31 AM »

What contest logging software do you recomend?
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 02:02:56 PM »

N3FJP is my first choice.
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 07:04:10 AM »

This is a highly personal choice...

Do you want a Windows-based, or a DOS-based?

Some are free, others cost some money.

Try searching eHam's links database (though this can prove a bit frustrating as the various contest logging software packages can be scattered amongst categories - maybe I'll work on that)

Free, DOS: CT   http://www.k1ea.com/
Free, Windows: N1MM   http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/

Mike N2MG
W3NR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 01:39:14 PM »

GNU/Linux will get you TLF. Emulates CT or TR.

Ed W3NR
AD6WL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 03:17:55 PM »

I have used WriteLog since 2001 and am very happy with it.  It is not free but I think it is worth the money.

www.writelog.com

From my reading and talking with other contesters N1MM would be the best free software for contests.

73, Jim
AD6WL
YI9VCQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 02:40:22 AM »

Hard core contesting: Writelog (I use it), N3MM (it's free).

Casual contesting: N3FJP Software (I own and have used it)

N3MM and N3FJP's solutions are cheaper if you'd like to get your feet wet. I use Writelog due to its many features, especially for SO2R contesting.

There's not really a "best" choice out there. I suggest you try out each one to see what you like.

Korey
YI9VCQ/KA5VCQ
Baghdad, Iraq
N8CPA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 05:48:32 AM »

I'm also an N3FJP registered user.  Started using his first SS program, which I read about in a QST stray 8 years ago.  He has come a long way since then.  Downloading updates is easy, and the programs are intuitive, miskeys easy to correct.  Really cool is the function that lets you see a map of your progress during section hunts, or state QSO parties.    

Don't be surprised if you jump out of your skin when his wife's voice chides you for a dupe.  The "skin effect" is amplified during a CW contest [--... ...--"DUPLICATE!"]

Steve
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 10:24:29 AM »

You can't go wrong with N3FJP's excellent software.  Scott is a great guy and always there to help if you have a question or comment.  

KU4UV
W8GX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 08:34:30 AM »

N3FJP for me too.
But word of caution to Mac users for any contest logger: It needs VPC, naturally. I ran into a snag just yesterday, day before SS starts, finding my "new" used iMac, which replaced my old clone, won't run my old VPC 2.1. Seems 2.1 won't run on Mac OS9 and above. My old clone Mac could only do OS8, so I got a real bargain in getting the iMac with OS9.2, and it can be upgraded to OSX I am told, but that stupid old VPC 2.1 just won't work.

At least I can borrow my wife's laptop PC for the weekend and use my N3FJP logger. At least, I'm hoping that's the case.

Good luck.
KE8FO
N5XYO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 06:56:49 PM »

N3FJP is my first choice also.
KB9YGD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 09:14:01 AM »

Hi Fred and everyone. Scotts(N3FJP) program AClog is the best i have ever seen and it is very user friendly.Its very well written and dos not lock up,if you`re logging program locks up on you while you are in a contest this is going to cost you.I have all of Scotts programs and can recomend them as EXCELLENT.73,Norm.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 12:43:29 PM »

N3FJP.com

Scott and Kims AC LOG is great and so is their other contest logs. easy to install and easy to use and very reasonable. the most you can pay for all plus the the cd is under $50.

they are very responnsive, have a Yahoo group set up, and respond directly if needed.

try it , you will like it..
K1ZJ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 06:10:57 PM »

I was a CT Contest Logger advocate but recently changed over to the N1MM. Although I have not run a 'test with it I have practiced with it and it seems to work very well. I noticed a question from another ham, do you want a windows based logger or DOS logger? I went with N1MM because it is window based and works well with XP and handles my radios and amplifier well. Good luck on your choice.
73, Jeff
Oh, both CT and N1MM are downloadable from the internet.
VE3ZIK

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 12:40:27 PM »

N1MM. I am using it with 300 MHz Laptop running Win 98 without a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: