Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Omni-VII and JT65-HF  (Read 1568 times)
W4OEQ

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »

Installed JT65-HF and want to use it with my Omni-VII.  Works well on receive.  But, the PTT function refuses to work with the Model 712 interface cable to the Omni.  Little info out there but it appears that the JT65-HF does not want to release the transmit function.  My other software using the audio in the upper sideband configuration works the way it should with the Omni.  Anybody have a solution to make JT65-HF work?  73, W4OEQ
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:50:21 PM »

Does the Omni-VII have a "digital VOX" mode?  If it does, I'd use it, and forget about "computer control" of TX/RX switching.

Charles
W4OEQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 05:18:17 AM »

Do not know if Omni-VII has "digital vox."  Will look through the manual.   Tnx, W4OEQ
N1ZHE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 10:13:29 AM »

In your JT65 program, where it wants to use COM1 or whatever com port, replace the COM 1 (COM2, etc) with "NONE" (no quotes).

Then make sure in the menu settings on your Omni VII you have selected "Line" for your Audio Source. This is especially important if you have your microphone connected.

Switch on your VOX and it should work. You may need to adjust your VOX settings. Leave your transmitter at 100 watts, then use your volume control on your computer to adjust your power out. 35 watts should be the max you need to use. If you use more, then it will impact other ham's ability to receive signals other than yours.

Good luck!

David, N1ZHE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: