Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another AL-811 Question  (Read 3198 times)
KD8GKR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 09:59:02 PM »

You should be able to look at the schematic on their site and find how its installed.  Shouldn't be too big a deal. Be sure and dischrage the caps before you poke around in there. If you talk to Mike at Ameritorn, I think he can walk you thru it. If needed I can take a look in in mine, its a 4 yr old 811H, may have the mod.

73, Dave  KD8GEH

Its a simple install. They seemed confident this was the problem. About 1-2 minutes in the conversion, he asked 2 or 3 caps? Soon as i said 2 a 360 and a 500pf, he said theres the problem a 360pf should be in parallel with the 500pf. That will bring your load up to where it needs to be. Sounds good enough, these guys should know the amplifier since they repair them.
Brent
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 04:35:44 AM »

Have you used an antenna analyzer on the dummy load and the wiring to the amp. Not just the SWR, but the restive and reactive impedances. Remember that with many tube type amps the impedance at the feedline couples directly into the tank circuit. If the feedline impedance has a large inductive component for some odd reason, you will need less capacitive impedance - more capacitance - to resonate and load.

I have two different antennas that I use with my 811H, both have different load control settings.

KF7CG
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: