Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote shutdown of station  (Read 13687 times)
WD4ELG

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:45:40 AM »

I thought I saw this on the forums, but cannot find it

What equipment is available to perform an emergency shutdown of the rig when I am not at the stationsite.  For example, if the remote desktop connection is lost.

I want to be able to turn off my rig if some other incident occurs (key down after certain amount of time)

Thanks

Mark Lunday
WD4ELG
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »

I use an X10 telephone responder connected to telephone line.  And a X10 control relay unit.  Then you can call your phone, enter code, and turn the control relay on or off as needed.
K3SF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 11:24:49 AM »

i use a IP power control unit... it has an internet/ethernet connection and a built in webpage that i can access remotely.  it has 8 power sockets and i can power up/down all or one at a time...i picked one up on ebay for about $40..these were used in computer server farms to do a power reboot of various servers..

i dont have a model number oto give now as i am away from home and i have shut down my remote station as i am in the process of a major rebuild...

paul k3sf
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:12:37 AM »

I also use a remote control board (LP Remote), but highly recommend a method to shut down if intenet is down (problem with connection, router, PC, etc, etc).
KB9BPF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 11:33:03 PM »

I use a DLI Web Power Switch, available from the manufacturer and other sources on Ebay. They have a couple different models to choose from. http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html

WB0YLE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 07:18:29 AM »

I use a DLI Web Power Switch, available from the manufacturer and other sources on Ebay. They have a couple different models to choose from. http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html

Sweet. 

I'm looking at combining my (new) TS-480/remoterig/wireless bridge/MyFi-4g with some control circuitry just like this.  Looks to me to be the bee's knees to give me complete control over remote operation from almost anyplace I can grab a signal that gets me on to the net. 

(yeah, the remoterig will talk to a wireless bridge which gets me across to the MyFi/4G personal hotspot...as long as I have service (it will downgrade nicely to 3G...), I don't even need to be plugged in to a hard wire, and it works just fine.).

Thanks for pointing out this additional (isn't that always the case???) tool for the shack. 

73 Bryan WB0YLE
www.wb0yle.com
Allstar 27294
Echolink WB0YLE-R
224.54- PL 141.3 Morrisville PA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: