Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JL Audio CleanSweep  (Read 5744 times)
KD0PCG

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »

Has anyone ever used a product like this JS Audio CleanSweep "Audio Signal Summing Interface" to allow WX/ham radio audio to override whatever else you might be listening to through the AUX port in a car? The way I read the manual, I could hook up a weather radio to Input A, my 2M radio's speaker output to Input B, and my iPhone audio to Input C. This would prioritize the signal such that the WX radio's alert would override everything, the 2M radio next, and then my iPhone music if nothing else is going on.

Is there a some other approach to getting 2-way radio output to car speakers while maintaining the ability to jack in music or podcasts? Is there some option for a splitter box like this that does not cost $140?

Here's the product: http://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-CleanSweep-Summing-Interface/dp/B000TD6SR2/
KJ4OBR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 07:03:52 AM »

I tried an FM micro transmitter and Aux in on the dash and was left seriously unimpressed. Spend $8 on a jetstream external speaker and shove it under the dash and enjoy, it's more than loud enough for most modern cars. If you drive a diesel get an amplified Motorola from e- whereever.com for a few bucks more. Using the built in sound system is a good idea in theory, in practice no one I know who have tried it liked it enough to keep using it.

Dave
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 04:30:50 PM »

There are lots of 'audio mixer circuits' available on the web.  They take a couple transistors and a few resistors.  Very cheap, very simple.  Only thing you have to add is some dc power.

However, messing with car stereo systems is not my cup of tea.  For car use, I just use some used Motorola speakers.  If you are hamming the stereo should be off anyway, is my philosophy. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: