Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The FCC-Is there anyone alive over there?  (Read 1550 times)
K3CLT

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2011, 04:06:46 AM »

I wonder if anyone is alive over in the FCC offices. I have written to them 3 times over the last 6 months to file a complaint about interference on a morning net. The problem is still there and I have not heard from them even when I ask for a reply.

On that same note, what would make someone get up every morning and interfere with radio communications? Tuning up making noises and just causing interference.

What is that person going to tell the FCC when they get their letter asking to show cause?

I think it is a clear indication that maybe its time to take their radio equipment and send them in for a mental evaluation. Certainly prevent them from owning firearms.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:06:30 AM »

The FCC won't pay any attention to you unless you spell out the specifics for them.  In short YOU have to find out who is interfering--which is quite a chore on HF.  If on VHF or UHF, get a group together with direction finding equipment and locate the offending station--if you can.  Address of the station, property owner name, time of interference, type of interference, and, if at all possible, a recording of the interference.  Without those things, the FCC will just throw out your report.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »

about interference on a morning net.

As a taxpayer, I can't think of anything more trivial for the gov't to be concerned with. Have you tried QSYing 3 kHz? Or using another band? Or another mode? Are you sure the interference is from the U.S.? Or from a ham?

What do you discuss on the air that requires scarce tax dollars to protect?
WG7X

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:46:53 PM »

My take on this?

The FCC is not concerned about us. To them we are all an annoyance that they'd rather forget about.

Your complaints about interference to your net are given all the consideration they deserve:The round file.

Like it or not, that is where we sit with the US Government. I really wonder if anyone, anywhere would take the time to read through what must be a huge in-box full of hams complaining about each other like a room full of second grade elementary students.

HF, VHF whatever the FCC simply is not interested anymore, if they ever were.

73 Gary
W8MW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 12:51:36 PM »

CLT ... I feel your pain.  Approximately 2 years ago I made a heartfelt plea to FCC's amateur rules enforcement officer.  Hams need more federal protection from hams.  For some reason, there was no response.  The letter was printed here on eHam:

http://www.eham.net/articles/21148 

73, Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: