Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pennsylvania QSO Party Oct 11 & 12  (Read 508 times)
N3XLS

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »

The 51st annual Pennsylvania QSO Party is happening on October 11 and 12, 2008. Pennsylvania Amateurs work North America and the world, North America and the world works Pennsylvania Amateurs. Certificates for highest scores from Pennsylvania Counties, ARRL and Canadian Sections, and Highest DX score. Trophies for various
categories. Modes are CW, SSB/FM, PSK, and RTTY. A new addition to the Trophies this year is the Beacon award, which is awarded to a legally blind Op with the highest number of QSOs. The Op can be either single Op or part of a multi-op station.

Please Join us for a fun weekend on the air!

PAQSO Party Website http://www.nittany-arc.net/paqso.html
W4BQF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 05:58:34 AM »

Absolutely silly set of rules for this state QSO party! The rules read more like somebody got started writing and then there was no one around to make them stop.
The next silly thing is having to mail in a summary sheet! Come on PA committee, change your calendar to 2008! Communications today is via the internet, mail is for advertisers!
This too, is my fault, simply because I just got tired of reading page after page of useless rules verbage and stopped before you mentioned having to mail in your silly summary sheet.
No problem however as I simply will not participate again.

Tom - W4BQF
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 01:25:22 PM »

Then DON'T participate !!!!!
Plenty of others DO join in.

One LESS individual is not going to alter the balance of the universe. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to join in.

I read the rules and there is NOTHING redundant in them. They are straightforward and EASY to understand.
So what if they want a written summary sheet.
They ask for a couple of bucks to help defray mailing and printing costs, and the mailed summary makes
it easier for participants to contribute.

Mine went in the mail this morning with a $5 check attached, big deal.....$5 isn't going to break me.
KG4ZVA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 08:37:51 AM »

i found that most of the pa contesters were pretty rude. especially the one who constantly played his cq contest recording over the 9L1X dxpedition recieving frequency
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: