Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu mods for FT-817nd  (Read 5409 times)
N1QQ

Ignore
« on: April 14, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »

Has anyone had any experience with W4RT orders or mods.?? I have sent no less than 3 emails, (using different email addresses, and cannot get a response?) Are they still in business? Any comments on orders or product availability? Thanks....
K6TTE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 04:28:21 PM »

That mirrors my experience as well.  I made the mistake of purchasing an Antenna Boss II.  Simply junk.
K0RGR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 04:59:29 PM »

It's been a while, but I have ordered things from them in the past, and always received prompt delivery. I hope they haven't flown the coop.
N1QQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 12:55:52 PM »

Addenda:  It appears their email system has a problem.. (So how can one order?) The only way I could get through was a FAX..!!
KC9TNH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »

Mid-March couple of emails exchanged over period of a couple days & a question answered. End of March, snail-mail order, enclosing the screen-printed order form and the code for free shipping. Immediate UPS tracking day they received it, item received 3 days.

Completely happy & wouldn't hesitate to use them again, as of dates above.

Wes -KC9TNH
"Don't get treed by a chihuahua." - Pete
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »

I too have sent them several emails over the last few days with no response.  It makes me hesitant to do business with a company that I cannot communicate with.  I can understand they may not have the staff to man a bank of phones, but they could at least make an effort to answer emails.  I have sent them several from different accounts and locations to rule any problems on my end.  I tried sending directly to their list email address as well as using the contact form on their website.

Carlton
KB8YVC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 12:49:11 PM »

From the Yahoo ft-817 group: 

W4RT is in Huntsville, Alabama, one of the towns in Northern Alabama that was
badly hit by tornados last week.

From the other comments in the group, it appears they didn't sustain any damage, but were without power for quite a few days, they are probably trying to get caught up with everything/one.
KD5TXX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 01:23:44 PM »

Gigaparts sells their stuff.  Sometimes Cheaper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: