Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 meter contest  (Read 1303 times)
VK4TJF

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:08:40 AM »

ok 2 very simple questions
1) i guess that i only get points for working someone once then i get no points for working them agian on the same mode.
2) can i work someone on SSB for a couple points the turn around and work the same person on CW for some more points?
VE3CX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:11:01 AM »

1) That is correct.  The second contact with the same mode is considered a DUPE (or duplicate contact).  No points.  However, please leave any dupes in your log.

2) Per the rules, you can work a station on SSB, and then work them again on CW for additional points.

KD8IZZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 03:01:29 PM »

I tried several times to find someone on 10 meters today without success. I scanned the band and called CQ several places. No luck. Anyone having any luck?
VK4TJF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 03:06:49 PM »

so far alot of sporadic E in the middle of summer here in australia yesterday i got 113 contacts to japan and around australia. had alot of fun we will see what happens today
KF6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 04:43:41 PM »

lots of noise on my side very weak signals im using a dipole about 25 feet high no luck..few weeks ago the band was open made lots of contacts on east coast...
KA6HAV
5R8GQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:03:55 AM »

. "No luck. Anyone having any luck?"

I'm in W6 land right now and no luck at all.
What a difference from 5-6 years ago!
In 2002 and 2003 I won this in Single Op High Power Phone for LAX section with a multiband vertical!
N4OGW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »

No complaints here! I only operated part time, cw only  (6 hours or less). Worked all regions of the US except the Pacific northwest. South, Central America and Caribbean as well. Some very strong e-skip from here to the  northeast Sunday morning.

Tor
N4OGW/5
Starkville, MS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: