Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I connect my IC-7200 transceiver with my computer ?  (Read 6743 times)
BG8VZ

Ignore
« on: April 30, 2011, 08:58:31 PM »

I have a ICOM IC -7200 transceiver , and I got a old edition ICOM Driver ,a USB A/B  cable ,and my computer is Lenovo Thinkpad R-400 with operation system Windows Vista Home Basic .What kind of software should I use on the computer to connect with my IC-7200? Please guide me !Thanks very much !Some friend told me can use logger32 or Ham radio Delux?Which edition support IC-7200?
KE3WH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 04:03:14 AM »

I prefer HRD, far more than rig control. I used HRD 5 and vista to control my IC746. The rig interface cable should be isolated from the radio to prevent all types of RF horrors.
I bought a cable off a popular auction site, but if you are crafty you can likely make the interface, there are many schematics on the web for it.

Dan
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:42:27 AM by KE3WH » Logged

First ticket 1980. Ex KA3EWT, N3DSO.
BG8VZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 05:41:16 AM »

I prefer HRD, far more than rig control. I used HRD and vista to control my IC746. The rig interface cable should be isolated from the radio to prevent all types of RF horrors.
I bought a cable off a popular auction site, but if you are crafty you can likely make the interface, there are many schematics on the web for it.

Dan

OK ! Thanks very much !I will try HRD , I will use USB cable to connect the radio and  do something to prevent RF interference .IC-746 is a good rig ,I nearly buy it ,but I didn't have so much budget.Also IC-746 is stop production ,it's difficult to buy a new one.
KB0ASQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:52 AM »

I also use HRD to control my 746Pro.  I purchased the USB control cable off of ebay.  You can also use DXlabs software.

Allen KBØASQ
http://kb0asq.com
BG8VZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 07:02:59 PM »

I also use HRD to control my 746Pro.  I purchased the USB control cable off of ebay.  You can also use DXlabs software.

Yes ,I will try HRD and  DXlabs .But I found that several edition of HRD cann't suppoprt IC-7200.I hope I have a 746PRO so that HRD will support .
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:52:09 PM »

I have a ICOM IC -7200 transceiver , and I got a old edition ICOM Driver ,a USB A/B  cable ,and my computer is Lenovo Thinkpad R-400 with operation system Windows Vista Home Basic .What kind of software should I use on the computer to connect with my IC-7200? Please guide me !Thanks very much !Some friend told me can use logger32 or Ham radio Delux?Which edition support IC-7200?

The DXLab Suite supports the IC-7200. Here's a screen shot showing Commander's Main and Bandspread windows; Commander is the Suite's transceiver control component. Note

• - the display of both VFOs
  • - the "quick split" buttons in the VFO B panel
  • - the frequency-dependent settings (optionally) shown for my AL-1200 amplifier and ATR-30 tuner
  • - the control of transceiver functions such as filter width, pass-band tuning, noise reduction, twin-peak filter, AF and RF Gain, Keyer speed, etc.
  • - the bandspread window's highlighting of ZL2IFB as an active LotW participant

You'll find step-by-step configuration instructions for transceiver control here. Step-by-step instructions for connecting your IC-7200 to your PC and configuring DXLab for soundcard PSK and RTTY operation with your IC-7200 can be found here.

All components of the DXLab Suite are free, and available via  www.dxlabsuite.com .

Here I am working the CW pileup with my IC-7200 as 8P9RY. With nothing but a USB cable required for transceiver control, PSK, and AFSK RTTY operation, the IC-7200 is a great transceiver for this style of operation!

Dave, AA6YQ, 8P9RY, and author of the DXLab Suite
BG8VZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 07:25:19 PM »

Thank you very much ,AA6YQ! Now ,I will try dxlab suite .I see ,dxlab suite is a very good software for RTTY and other digital modes on IC-7200  Smiley
Thanks so much for your hard work !
KE3WH

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 04:46:07 AM »

OK ! Thanks very much !I will try HRD , I will use USB cable to connect the radio and  do something to prevent RF interference .IC-746 is a good rig ,I nearly buy it ,but I didn't have so much budget.Also IC-746 is stop production ,it's difficult to buy a new one.

HRD 5 shows the IC-7200 in the interface menu. Used is not a bad way to get a 746, they seem to last quite well. With all the digital technology out now I would likely buy a more modern rig if I went new.

First ticket 1980. Ex KA3EWT, N3DSO.
BG8VZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 02:53:18 AM »

HRD 5 shows the IC-7200 in the interface menu. Used is not a bad way to get a 746, they seem to last quite well. With all the digital technology out now I would likely buy a more modern rig if I went new.
I tried HRD5 the lastest version ,It can work with IC-7200 .But there are some computer interference through the USB cable.
I will try to do something to shield the interference.I will twine the cable on magnet!
BONITO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 11:08:14 PM »

You can control and Transmitt directly with thestandard USB Cable when using RadioCom 6.
http://www.bonito.net/radioCom

Manual can be found here: http://www.bonito.net/manuals/rc6manual/en

Bonito is exhibiting at the Dayton Hamvention Booth 48 in the Hara Arena and having a 7200 live on the Booth.
BG8VZ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 03:06:05 PM »

You can control and Transmitt directly with thestandard USB Cable when using RadioCom 6.
http://www.bonito.net/radioCom

Manual can be found here: http://www.bonito.net/manuals/rc6manual/en

Bonito is exhibiting at the Dayton Hamvention Booth 48 in the Hara Arena and having a 7200 live on the Booth.
[/quote]
thanks so much ,I will try this software,NOW,I already use PC control my IC -7200!It works well ,and I can try data mode .But one problem is that there are few people use RTTY in China.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: