Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: old "puppet saterday morning show , supercar, remember?  (Read 3015 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 04:32:44 AM »

Boy, just reading this thread shows how old ALL of us are!  Yes, I remember Supercar, Stingray, Fireball XL5, and those other puppetry shows.  Remember Space 1999 too.  I agree with the 'Barbara Bland' comment, but Anderson wanted Martin Landau, and his wife 'had to' come along with him, or he wouldn't go.  Do you remember the shapeshifting alien woman too?  They just had to try to copy Star Trek, after they came out with Mr. Spock!

BTW, those Super Marionation shows ARE available on DVD.  I saw them for sale on E-Bay.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 05:59:27 AM »

"plunk your magic twanger froggy"  "hiya kids hiya hiya hiya"

Hey son, don't sit so close to that TV. The X-rays will get you.

Hey dad, could you adjust the tin foil on those rabbit ears?
WB2EOD

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 01:26:07 PM »

I grew up in Northern New Jersey in the 60's
I remember New York TV featuring such stars as Joe Bolton, Sonny Fox, Sandy Becker, Fred Scott, Soupy Sales and of course Popeye cartoons run by Captain Jack McCarthy (I think Billy Joel wrote a song about him)

Back then we had an elderly couple in our neighborhood. They were old (probably in their 70's), quaint, and technically challenged. When they watched Lawrence Welk, (which they actually enjoyed), they would always be dressed in their finest attire.  It stood to reason that if they could see him, he could see them.

Those were the days

WB2EOD

K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 01:37:56 PM »

Boy the Ham community is getting old.
Remember: Captain Midnight, Captain Video and his Video Rangers, Howdy Dudy and Buffalo Bob Smith, Milton Bearl's Texaco Star theater, Tails of Tomorrow, Pinkey Lee, The Goldberg's. I could go on and on, but I will stop here. Our family got there first TV set in the late 1940s. A 10" RCA that must have weighed 200 lbs.

73s
K2OWK
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 01:40:03 PM »

james, you have a 45 of the  song? if you repeat  the words I will have that stupid thing in my head all day !!!!, hi hi . I  would love to see you take that to pawn stars, chumley and the old man would have a blast, no pun intended. one hit wonder? who did the song ? what was on the flip side? just curious. got to get a job , to much trival time on my hands...hi hi , wonder how we survived our youth , 73s kg4ymc  been fun folks , whats next?  save your confederate money and 8 tracks  ha ha . I acutally had a four channel 8 track of moody blues  , that was tec , that never took off, along with kodak disk cameras, and  advance  film system.
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 01:54:46 PM »

"plunk your magic twaggy froggy? " sounds cool, think I 'll use that next time someone cuts me off in traffic I cracked up , may be already . Oh funny story, my mom claimed a guy would read the sunday comics on wlw iguess one day he thought the mike was off, and said " that ought to hold the little b##!!. had to apolgize .   oh yea, / well pluk your maggic twaggy froggy to you to !! so there. kg4ymc Grin
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 01:58:45 PM »

"plunk your magic twaggy froggy? "

It's "plunk your magic TWANGER, froggy".

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »

got my magic wrong, sorry. the elderly couple is funny. I do remember C arson joking about seeing into peoples bedrooms when the tonight show was on, and the infamous comment about Arnold Palmers wife,wishing him good luck .. Oh, on RADAR MEN or one of those, they were suppose to be having a boat chase scene at night and you see the Seagulls flying at night .oops . 200 pound tv.s ? come on they got that heavy electronics to mars  and beyond in 50s sci fi . no problem, ha ha . Who needs space suits when you could bread on the moon, and had gravity ? fetch me a coffee, robbie  the robot, DANGER DANGER,WILL, THIS THREAD HAS GONE TO FAR...!!!KG4YMC  MR SMITH FOR PRESIDENT ?
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »

TWANGER FLOGGY  FINAL MOVIE,DID HE GET SHOT BY  LIBERTY VALANCE? ANDY TRIED TO SAVE HIM? didn't know he had  a show, oh the clip on you tube was in color? didn''t think they had color episodes, must have been redone?   ok, must have been kermit the frogs  great uncle? kg4y,mc. speaking of seeing what is going on thru the tv, the  george burns show used that idea, was funnny .
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 12:51:36 PM »

The 45 RPM record of The Supercar song has the same thing on both sides.

73s
K2OWK
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 11:25:11 PM »

speaking of 45s remember when they  actually had some on the back of  cereal boxs? those would be collectors now , good night  kg4ymc . similar radio stuff, chrysler actually tried to sell a record player for cars  that played 45, obviously didn't work out, hit bump and all , think cell phone m is bad, try loading a stack of 45s ha ha ..
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 09:43:26 PM »

think a real rocking 45 would have been the them music to  the tv show " the invaders" da dum... dam dum.... ;Dkg4ymc
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: