About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAYPAL  (Read 6561 times)
N4JTE

Ignore
« on: May 21, 2011, 08:35:31 PM »

Wondering if anyone else has dealt with paypal's new scam to delay giving you your money from ebay sales.
Now they are putting 21 day holds on funds received for absolutely no reason, at least in my case, with 100% rating for over 8 years.
As soon as I can get to my money, over a grand, gonna clean out and spread the word on this misappropiation.
As usual, website resolution is useless and emails tend to trigger errors, pretty slick.
I realize I am venting but wanted to alert any of you that sell their stuff on ebay and get stuck with the paypal crap that ebay promotes to expect problems with this new way to borrow our money.
Bob
AB1MU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »

YEP!  I agree with you 100%   about 3 years ago, outd of the blue sky, I tried to log into my ebay store < over 1000 items for over a year> and could not!!!  then went to check my paypal balance and that account was also not their...   tried to call them up to ask what the h*ll and by my caller id was reconized and was basically told they no longer wanted me as a client!!!!!   took over 6 months to recover my funds and NEVER again placed any funds through them,  credit/debit cards work fine    just BE WARE!!!!!!

KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 10:56:38 AM »

I noticed something weird the other day. I went to purchase a 2 meter whip for the car and it would not let me do the 'instant transfer' for funds. My only choices were using a credit card or writing a paypal e-check which would take 3 or 4 business days for the seller to get the money. Nothing in my account had changed, and there was plenty of $ in my linked account. I looked around my account settings and I could not find anything regarding my linked account any more. I wonder if they took that feature out? I wound up using my credit card to pay through paypal but I'm still wondering what happend?
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 06:11:34 PM »

I ONLY buy from eBAY sellers who do not demand PAYPAL.  Way too many problems with PAYPAL.
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 08:04:56 PM »

"It appears that this has nothing to do with you, Bob.  It seems the purchaser might have some questionable issues that PP states they don't have to divulge to you."
Unquote

Wait a minute, let me try and understand this. A person buys something from me and uses Paypal to pay for it. Because of unknown or disclosed issues with the purchaser Paypal is going to withhold my money for 21 days??? That doesn't compute, if he can't pay because of refused credit or whatever reason, I don't care, tell me his payment is denied and I'll go on but don't tell me he has "sorta paid" and you get your money in XX days. Meanwhile you can't sell the item until it's resolved because this transaction occurred in relation to an auction. It's called Ebay and Paypal are owned by the same company. Cover each others rear.

It's easier to hold your money until they get theirs than to try and get theirs back if the deal fall through.

Anyone wonder why I don't use Paypal?Huh

Clif
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 08:40:44 PM »

hi,

Both buyer and seller must have a verified bank account
with Paypal, otherwise the instant transfer feature will not work.

It will allow credit or echeck.

73 james
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 11:22:29 PM »

I just emptied my PayPal account after more then 10 years with them. Why you ask. The last sale I made a few days ago I went to EBay postage site as I usually do to buy and print postage. The item I was sending, weight and size turned out to be less then I originally indicated on my selling page. I went to the postage page and tried to lower the weight and size of the package to save me and my buyer some money. In the past I was always able to do this. Not this time it would not accept my change. Now for the good part. I went to the postage label page to see if I could change it there. As soon as I entered that page the postage money was removed from my PayPal account without my authorisation or my password. I had not even asked to print the label. I made a phone call to EBay to see what gives. The fellow that answered the phone never heard of that happening before and told me that it would take up to forteen days for the money to be put back into my account if I canceled the postage. I gave up and printed the overweight postage and package size. The label did print on the reprint. I immediately transfered all my remaining funds out of PayPal before they could steal any more of my money. If I do not get a reply from EBay or PayPal within a few days I will contact the Federal Attorney General with this information.

PayPal account users and owners. Watch your accounts and keep track of you balance. EBay can now go into your account, steal your money without any authorisation on your part, and keep it for up to fortten days before returning it. I will now remove all balances from my PayPal account as soon as a customer transfers it in. I sure hope they don't start stealing money from my Credit Card account used to verify my PayPal account.

I never had a problem with EBay or PayPal up to now.

N4JTE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 09:29:52 PM »

Well I waisted 10 mins on the phone with a non english speaker before I slammed it down in disgust, I am waiting till everything I am owed is showing up and cleaning paypal out, used to be convenience for ebay now a nightmare!!
Bob
N7WWK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 04:39:18 AM »

I have been using PayPal since it first started. Never had a problem if you follow the policy. Will not sell on eBay with any other method. I will not buy any thing on eBay from seller that does not take PayPal. I like the scam prevention, seller misrepresenting the item.

Transaction is guaranteed for the buyer and seller. If the item is misrepresent in the description buyer gets there money back. If the seller misrepresents the item PayPal will hold the funds until dispute is resolved.

If you have PayPal debit card same will apply when making purchases at local stores. You can even accept PayPal for payment at your local hamfest via your cell phone. When traveling away from your home PayPal call you to verify if you are using your debit card and not some one else.

I like the ability to print postage labels, If selling on eBay print your postage from PayPal not eBay. There you must enter package info. size of package & weight choose the carrier UPS or USPS. Should the label not print you can go to your history and reprint the label for up 24 hours. I you cancel the label it is the USPS that is holding the money not PayPal. It is the easiest way to ship international, prints customs docs.

Calling PayPal yes you may get someone that does not speak English very well, I think the call center is in India.
The few times I had to call was problem with a debit card purchase, off the internet. I just ask to get someone I could understand, the call was rerouted to English speaker.

I hardily acknowledge that it is not perfect but the best method I found. I will not mail any one a check or money order for purchase. When selling I require buyer to have verified account, and only ship to there verified address, Also require Immediate payment, it cuts down on nonpayments. I have sold to and shipped to other address but only from previous buyers such as those send a gift.

N7WWK Bob
bob-and-linda (on eBay)
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 08:06:07 AM »

Just wait until it happens to you.
WX1F

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 08:25:07 AM »

Of course "you won't accept any other method of payment"...DUH!!! Ebay only allows Paypal payments...and has been doing it since they crawled into bed with PayPal !!!
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 12:34:10 PM »

Just in the news this morning, VISA is going to offer "direct person to person" payments to compete with Paypal.....I would LOVE to see a reputable company put Paypal out of business once and for all.

K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 01:29:22 PM »

Hello Bob, Remember I said I was with PayPal for 10 years with no problems until the money removal from my account without authorisation or my password.
I cleaned out my PayPal account and can't wait till Visa offers the same service.

When I had the problem a few days ago I talked to a person (who did speak English). He said he would send a report to the proper people (circular file). He also did not understand what happened, but recommended I change my password for PayPal and EBay which I did. I do not see what good this would do as EBay and PayPal are the same company and EBay can steal money with or without my password. If I do not hear from them regarding this problem within a few weeks I will file a report with the Federal Attorney's office fraud division. I do not care how big PayPal and EBay are I refuse to allow them to steal my money no mater how small the amount with out some action on my part.

Good luck Bob with your dealings with PayPal and EBay, I do hope you never have this type of problem with them. I would just recommend to you you keep a close watch on your PayPal account.

73s
K2OWK
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 01:53:37 PM »

Just in the news this morning, VISA is going to offer "direct person to person" payments to compete with Paypal.....I would LOVE to see a reputable company put Paypal out of business once and for all.

You do realize that PayPal is 100 percent owned by Ebay, don't you? Ebay created it to handle (and make money off of) Ebay transactions.

PayPal will go away at approximately the same time that the devil dies of terminal frostbite.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 03:01:05 PM »

It seems to me that Ebay and Paypal are tring to discourage small time sellers from using both Ebay and Paypal. I sell stuff on Ebay from time to time, maybe twice a month just to have some pocket change, but now that they are going to do the 21 days money transfer thing i think im going to find another way to make some cash. They can stick it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: