Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't use eQSL and other online logs?  (Read 2143 times)
KE3WH

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2011, 03:54:02 AM »

Im not sure why folks not interested in eQSL bother to have the QSL notices sent. And the reject the eQSL.
Its a valid contact. Rejecting the eQSL for invalid data is not completely correct. Ignoring it would be the proper response in my opinion.
I myself do not look up my contacts on QRZ during the QSO, and not like to do so until I am done that particular session. Or even later in the day. I have no idea you don't use LoTW, eQSL, or HRDlog. And only use JimBobs online BBQ and QSL service.  I do however upload my QSO data to 3 places soon after the QSO.
I ask you to simply turn off the eQSL email notice, and ignore it.

Dan

First ticket 1980. Ex KA3EWT, N3DSO.
KJ4FUU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:00:28 AM »

I have an entry on eQSL right now that I haven't accepted, because it doesn't look right. I need to double check my log, and if I don't find it, reject it.

I upload to LoTW, and when qrz.com indicates that the ham will do postal QSL, send a card. I don't make enough contacts to make this prohibitively expensive yet. I will acknowledge QSLs on eQSL and qrz.com, but I won't log them there.

-- Tom
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:15:31 AM »

Very early on, I had signed up for eQSL.  I soon decided that it was not for me and deactivated the account.  Months later I discovered that my call sign was still showing up as an eQSL contributor and user.  I sent them an email and asked them to remove my call (which was not my present call).  Last time I checked eQSL was still showing me as an active user of their service.  I ignore the eQSL requests I get.  I have stated (apologetically) in my QRZ.com bio that I do not participate in eQSL but still get the requests.  I don't know how else to alert everyone, everywhere.

Maybe others are experiencing the same thing.

Terry, WØFM
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 03:19:49 PM »

I upload my logs to eQSL and then to LOTW. Since I am creating an adi file from an access database via excel. I find the error checking in eQSL to be a useful step before my LOTW upload.

To be honest I don't have time to mess around with individual QSO's and just upload all the latest contacts. If you don't want to QSL then just ignore them. Sometimes I will look at the upload log on eQSL and remove multiple contacts on the same band.

73 Mark N1UK
KE3WH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 04:37:14 PM »

I upload my logs to eQSL and then to LOTW. Since I am creating an adi file from an access database via excel. I find the error checking in eQSL to be a useful step before my LOTW upload.

To be honest I don't have time to mess around with individual QSO's and just upload all the latest contacts. If you don't want to QSL then just ignore them. Sometimes I will look at the upload log on eQSL and remove multiple contacts on the same band.

73 Mark N1UK

Exactly. If you do not want to participate, just ignore the QSL. No point rejecting it, and flaming the sender. I can easily make 25 QSO's a day, and I cant check every bio to see what ops want done with QSL's.

First ticket 1980. Ex KA3EWT, N3DSO.
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 05:31:13 AM »

I use papaer qsl cards and eqsl,i dont look them up to see if they use eqsl.Log book of the world looks to bothersome,i use paper logs still and always will.No computer in radioroom...73s de n0zna/John
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 05:47:09 AM »

I gave up on online logs ( and QRZ.com) after getting indignant emails from other hams who considered it their right to instruct me on what I should be doing - such as becoming AG in eQSL, or how I should correct my locator in QRZ.com as it messed up their rotator settings when they tuned my signal and did a lookup. These are just a few examples, there were many more.

Frankly, I have become so disenchanted with the " it is my right " mentality of many people (including hams) that I have removed all my details from QRZ.com, and disengaged from eqsl and other online entities.
If hams take the time to send me a qsl, I will always respond with a qsl direct, and return any green stamps or IRCs to the sender with an expression of thanks for their consideration.
As a dx station, I know of many other stations who have taken the same actions out of frustration with some very pushy hams, and no doubt those same hams will be ones who bemoan the lack of users of online qsl'ing systems, and wonder why.

These reasons, together with the "qsl logbook wars" between eQSL and qrz.com for example, are another reason why, I for one, decided that my enjoyment of the hobby of ham radio was not enhanced by engaging with systems which seemed to be based on warring ego's rather than providing a valuable service.

I can say that since leaving eqsl, qrz.com my enjoyment of the hobby has been greatly enhanced, and I suspect many more people will eventually decide to "opt-out" of the testosterone greased roller derby called online logbooks.
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 07:16:08 AM »

I can understand your issues. Why do people have to be so rude when hiding behind a keyboard.

I enjoy using the pc in my shack but limit what it does. I like to set my rotator by hand. I don't want all that automation. I create my own adi log files. When something doesn't work I can fix the log at the source easily.

I don't bother with the QRZ logbook as I just don't need another online log. I really can't see the point in it. It takes me enough time to keep up with eQSL as it is. I like to check and notate my log and download the QSL card and all this takes time out of my operating schedule.

73 Mark N1UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: