Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look at this pile of old gear  (Read 2352 times)
K0BG

Ignore
« on: March 15, 2006, 06:03:14 PM »

If you're just messing around, and have nothing to do, take a look at this site.

http://members.cox.net/wa6mhz/

It takes a while to down load, as they are numerous hi-res photos. But believe me, it's worth the wait even if you're dial up.

One of the rigs pictured is an old Icom FDFM2, and I'd venture to say there isn't but one or two more in the whole country. As for the HF stuff, be prepared if you're an old timer, because you might end up with a wet hanky.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 10:44:25 PM »

Hi, Alan,

I know someone who has an Inoue FDAM3 that is in nice shape and still very functional in Ohio.  The FDFM2 was sold in the U.S. and advertised in QST in 1968-69 so I suspect there are more than three left.  I see one on eBay, usually in a state of disrepair, every so often.  I have thought about restoring one of those or perhaps the repacement rig, the IC-2F.

I had not one but two Inoue (Icom) IC-71 transceivers with the bolt on IC-3U power supply.  That was from the same era (1969 or so), a 6m base rig, AM/FM/CW.  No allowance for repeaters or SSB.  I sold them when finances were tight.  It was a neat old rig that looked a whole lot like the rig that replaced it, the Icom IC-501.  The IC-71 is very rare.

FWIW, I think the Icom IC-501 and IC-201 had the nicest looking analog VFO displays ever made.  The Yaesu FT-7 was a distant second.

Pat has a lot of old Icom gear in the pictures.  I spotted several items which still said Inoue rather than Icom, including an IC-3P power supply and an IC-2F.  I also saw the venerable IC-22 in the stack, what looked like either an IC-x60 or an IC-255A, an IC-21 (not an "A") with the matching rare analog VFO-21, an IC-230, an IC-x90 of some sort or another, an IC-280, an IC-211, an IC-x51 of some sort or another, and I'm sure a bunch of others I've missed or failed to identify.

Don't even get me started on KLM, KDK, Belcom, Heathkit...  He's got some of everything, doesn't he?

Caity
K7VO
KG6WLS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 08:16:11 PM »

Yep. Pat has got quite the collection over there in Crest. I think he's collecting owners manuals now. I see him at our club meetings every now and then.

Mike
K7PEH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 08:49:11 AM »

I think he needs a bigger house and more room for antennas.
KF6RDN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 11:50:56 PM »

His poor wife must have a saint's patience. ("THIS pile blocks our Living room window view  (MAD WIFE!!!)")

KC8ADU

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 07:02:59 PM »

that would be me.looking for a manual for it.made in may 1969.
Hi, Alan,

I know someone who has an Inoue FDAM3 that is in nice shape and still very functional in Ohio.  The FDFM2 was sold in the U.S. and advertised in QST in 1968-69 so I suspect there are more than three left.  I see one on eBay, usually in a state of disrepair, every so often.  I have thought about restoring one of those or perhaps the repacement rig, the IC-2F.

I had not one but two Inoue (Icom) IC-71 transceivers with the bolt on IC-3U power supply.  That was from the same era (1969 or so), a 6m base rig, AM/FM/CW.  No allowance for repeaters or SSB.  I sold them when finances were tight.  It was a neat old rig that looked a whole lot like the rig that replaced it, the Icom IC-501.  The IC-71 is very rare.

FWIW, I think the Icom IC-501 and IC-201 had the nicest looking analog VFO displays ever made.  The Yaesu FT-7 was a distant second.

Pat has a lot of old Icom gear in the pictures.  I spotted several items which still said Inoue rather than Icom, including an IC-3P power supply and an IC-2F.  I also saw the venerable IC-22 in the stack, what looked like either an IC-x60 or an IC-255A, an IC-21 (not an "A") with the matching rare analog VFO-21, an IC-230, an IC-x90 of some sort or another, an IC-280, an IC-211, an IC-x51 of some sort or another, and I'm sure a bunch of others I've missed or failed to identify.

Don't even get me started on KLM, KDK, Belcom, Heathkit...  He's got some of everything, doesn't he?

Caity
K7VO
N0SYA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 08:03:50 PM »

I told him his kids are just going to bulldoze the place into the basement when he keels over....

Cheesy

If you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 09:12:23 AM »

Alan:  When I follow the link you provide I get a Cox high speed internet website and can't get anywhere from there.

What am I doing wrong??
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 09:37:37 AM »

Don't click so hard.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 10:14:28 PM »

Now that was a hellova big help!
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 01:48:33 AM »

Just kidding. Here is his Flikr stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28064376@N06

I can't see the original page either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: