Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom IC735 Auto Tuner Interface  (Read 2639 times)
GRADY

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2011, 02:32:07 AM »

Let me preface this with the statement that my electronics knowledge is very limited. I have a IC-735 and just purchased the LDG AT 200 Pro II. I am trying to figure out a way to send a signal to the tuner telling it that I have changed frequencies  instead of manually pushing the tune button. It appears that the Icom AT-150 tuner operated from a signal voltage from this receiver based on which band you were on, not necessarily when you just changed frequencies. On ACC2 on the back panel this voltage is output, and can be from .1 to 8 volt, dependent upon the band. Is there anyway that someone knows of to send this signal to the tuner? I suppose I could parallel the push to talk and then every time I transmit the unit will attempt to tune based on each broadcast, but that seems like it is too much work for the tuner to necessarily to do. Naturally I just want it to tune if it sees that I am on a different frequency and transmitting.

Thanks, 73

Grady
KF5KZX

KF5KZX just the new guy on the block!
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 12:15:33 PM »

It's been too long since I looked at a 735 but if it will interface to an Icom AH-3 or AH-4 Tuner then LDG makes the IT-100 which matches it and will auto band change.

Clif
AG6WT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 02:01:03 AM »

The solution is simple. Set the tuner to "auto tune" mode. When you transmit, if the tuner sees a SWR above a threshold you define, it will engage the tuning cycle without you having to press the tune button.  For example, say you are working 40 meters with the tuner already set to minimal SWR and you want to QSY to 80m. Find a clear frequency, listen, then if it's clear, switch to AM and key up and hold it there. If the tuner sees a SWR above 2:1, it will activate the tuning cycle. When it's done, unkey and you are ready to go.  If the frequency on 80 is not new, that is you've tuned there before, the LDG will recall its setting for that frequency and tune almost instantaneously.

See pg 12 of the AT 200 Pro II manual.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: